Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Are you cold?

LMR

• Members

Has anyone else had this problem of never feeling warm anymore? Its winter here in USA but my thermostat tells me it is 76f indoors but I am constantly cold even under a rug. I haven't felt really warm since I lost him.

• Members

That's an interesting thought. I've noticed a lot more cool breezes in the house! I don't know if my mind's playing tricks on me or my wife just trying to get my attention.

• Members

Yes.  I am "warm blooded" as my love used to say.  If anyone in room was too warm, it was almost always me.  Not anymore.  I do have temperature disregulation because of my auto-immune conditions, but the cold side of it has gotten ridiculous.

My feet especially, which used to be too hot, are often like ice cubes.  I frequently feel so cold, and will look at the thermostat and temp gauge, which tells me it's 70 degrees, and then turn it up a few.  My winter gas bill is higher than it was when my husband was alive.  We have gas appliances, so even though those are used substantially less, the furnace is on a lot more.  I've told myself that the gas bill is the one I'm not going to give a darn about how high it is.  I will be warm in my own home!

Am I cold because he's no longer here with me in our warm home?  Maybe.  Whatever the reason, the house feels cold so often and I'm less tolerant of cooler outdoor temperatures.

• Moderators

Ever since I lost weight I am always cold.  But I haven't heard of grief leaving one cold, interesting thought.

Archived