Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I have 60 dead roses in my bathroom

Rashell

• Members

He gave me 5 dozen roses for my birthday, 3 months ago. I’m weird about throwing away flowers because I love them so much, so he told me if I threw them away he would replace them, but not until I did because I didn’t need dead roses and needed to realize he will just keep getting me more. I could never throw them away, so there they have sat for the last 3 months. He loves roses because of his grandmother who passed a few years back. He got me a necklace with a rose on it for my first birthday we spent together. I got a tattoo of a rose for him for his birthday. It hasn’t been a week yet, so everything is still a lot, but a girl that I know just came to check on me and brought me a dozen roses. Me and this girl have never been that close, she didn’t know him at all, didn’t even know he is who I’ve been dating. All I can think is that he still found a way to get me roses. 

• Members

Rachell, I am so sorry for your loss! It sounds like he loved you so much and I know how much it hurts, especially that soon. Let yourself grieve and come back here to vent or scream or cry or all of the above. Finding this forum helped me in the early grief. Seems the deeper the love we experience, the harder the loss to process and accept, but I hope in time you find your way to cherishing the love and beautiful memories he left for you. I am glad that this girl brought you roses [emoji257] Anything that brings you comfort is ok, even keeping the dead roses in your bathroom till you feel ready to let go. (((Hugs)))

Sent from my iPad using Grieving.com

• Members
18 minutes ago, jmmosley53 said:

Hi Rashell,

Perhaps put the roses in the prettiest vase you have and make them into a rose potpourri .

I’m considering making a shadow box with them, my friend made one and showed me hers and it’s beautiful. Right now I’m scared to move them at all since they are very old and crunchy, I did put one of them in the fridge a couple months back thinking I was gonna throw the others away, so I know I atleast have one that will be decently preserved. 

Archived