Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost

LoveNeverDies

• Members
LoveNeverDies

I had a dream last night that I was in a car with Terry and he disappeared , I searched for him so I could give him a hug goodbye because in my dream I knew he would be gone forever. I desperately searched but couldn’t find him. I woke up completely devastated, and I still am . .. I can’t find any reason to keep going, there’s such an emptiness in my life without him ..

• Moderators

You keep going to give yourself the hope of the pain's intensity lessening a bit and someday finding something to smile about.  You will, give it time, it takes much of it and it helps to seek help.  Journal, read articles and books on grieving, keep coming here and reading/posting, it's all part of the processing our grief.  We don't see it improving but one day we do see how far we've come since day one when we look back, you aren't very far into this journey for that yet..

• Members

Love never dies,

You are so early in this sad journey.  For now just focus on getting through today.  What has to be done.  Some days all I could get done was feed the dog.  Days when you are able to bathe, dress and eat a bit are hugely successful days.  Don't expect to be your old self for quite a long time.  Your brain is not functioning well now.  It is dealing with this catastrophic loss as best it can. But it takes time. 

One day, one moment at a time.  Just keep breathing. 

Gail

• Members

I have similar dreams all the time.  He is there, but I know he is going to die.  I'm struggling like I never have in my life.  I don't know what to do, so I do nothing.  I just sit in misery day after day.  There is no relief.  

• Moderators

I'm so sorry for such distressing dreams; as if the stress when we're awake isn't enough. I've had a few dreams with her, but not nearly enough. They were more ordinary though (like a snippet of us in some ordinary situation), so I guess I should count my blessings. I keep hoping for a dream where she addresses me directly, and somehow I know it's really her and not a dream...but I realize that's probably "against the rules" or whatever, and honestly knowing me I'd eventually not truly accept it as that, but just a dream. I'm a champion doubting Thomas. 

• Members

I either don't dream or don't remember my dreams I wish I would dream of Richard.  As I fall asleep I'm thinking about him but I never have dreams about him.  It would sure be sweet to have some adventure dream with him in it.  I would rather not dream of Rick if the dream is about searching for him.  I don't want any more pain than I already have.

Archived