Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

the good in greif

dizzydancingway

• Members
dizzydancingway

Its been about four months since I lost my mom and I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions. I miss my mom every day and still at times feel the pain as intensely as I did the day she died.

But I'm also starting to "see the light at the end of the tunnel" in some ways. I know the pain won't go away, and I know the intensity of it will last for some time, but I feel myself changing in ways that I like. I feel stronger and wiser. I notice that I am less nervous and obsessive than I used to be--I don't dwell on the "little things" so much. I am more inspired to live my life, to do as much as possible. My friends and coworkers have told me that I seem to have aged considerably since I lost my mom, and that I seem more mature. I'm really happy for this transformation and know that my mom would be proud of me.

Since losing my mom, I've learned to be my own mother, to protect and nurture myself. For the first time in my life, I'm putting myself first, and its really made a difference not only in how I face my grief, but also in how I approach my life.

I hope everyone here recognizes their own strengths during this difficult time. Its amazing how capable we are of surviving and thriving against even the worst circumstances. This doesn't make anything better pre say, but its great to recognize that you have yourself to rely on.

• Members

Its been about four months since I lost my mom and I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions. I miss my mom every day and still at times feel the pain as intensely as I did the day she died.

But I'm also starting to "see the light at the end of the tunnel" in some ways. I know the pain won't go away, and I know the intensity of it will last for some time, but I feel myself changing in ways that I like. I feel stronger and wiser. I notice that I am less nervous and obsessive than I used to be--I don't dwell on the "little things" so much. I am more inspired to live my life, to do as much as possible. My friends and coworkers have told me that I seem to have aged considerably since I lost my mom, and that I seem more mature. I'm really happy for this transformation and know that my mom would be proud of me.

Since losing my mom, I've learned to be my own mother, to protect and nurture myself. For the first time in my life, I'm putting myself first, and its really made a difference not only in how I face my grief, but also in how I approach my life.

I hope everyone here recognizes their own strengths during this difficult time. Its amazing how capable we are of surviving and thriving against even the worst circumstances. This doesn't make anything better pre say, but its great to recognize that you have yourself to rely on.

What a thoughtful and encouraging post you've written. Your mother definitely would be proud of you for becoming stronger and more mature. Obviously, she was a good mother who instilled in you the necessary skills to move forward and survive.

The pain lessens with time, as you know, but your love for each other will always remain strong. You certainly have a great perspective and it sounds as though you are healing and moving forward--just as your mother would have wished.

Thanks for sharing,

ModKonnie

Archived