Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Another sudden death.

Emilie

• Members

My Dad died suddenly yesterday.

He lives near my Grandma in her late 80s in northern Cyprus. Me, my brother and sister all live in various places on the UK.

He was painting my uncle's room yesterday, gardening with my Grandma in the afternoon and then didn't wake up in the morning. He was taken away for an autopsy.

He was 63 in a couple of weeks.
He was due to get remarried in 2 months.
We can't get to my Grandma due to Covid and quarantine rules for Northern Cyprus. She has friends there though who are looking after her and she is strong.

I'm hurting. 
A lot. 
My heart hurts.

There were very tough times for our family but there were also really good ones and treasured memories in the early days.

I was the only one from my brother & sister that kept in contact as they've been hurting for years. They are both distraught today too. I think they feel a lot of regret.

Today was supposed to be my final day in my job as I've been made redundant. I just feel such a huge sense of loss and grief today. 

I'm hurting. X

• Members

Dear Emilie,

Our deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is devastating to lose your dad and to be so far away and during this difficult time with Covid.

Thinking of you and your family. Please know we are with you. (((hugs)))

Archived