Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dec 3rd - A Happy and Sad Day

jmmosley53

• Members

Dec 3rd was the 8th month since my husbands death.  It was also the 49th anniversary of our marriage engagement.

The 3rd of every month is hard for me.  I relive that horrible phone call from the hospital and feel so much pain and loss it is crippling.

However Dec 3rd is also my 49th engagement anniversary.  I love to remember how excited he was to give me my ring.  What a perfect evening it was, so magical in my memories.  I remember how crazy in love we were.  Such innocent love, it was like drowning in each others eyes.  I love to think how happy we were that day.  What wonderful plans we had, and most of them came true over our 46 year of our marriage.

The contrast between the date of his death and the date of that beautiful day, staggers me..  I cried so much it was hard breath - because of a beautiful memory and the most horrible memory.

Excuse my ramblings , I had to let it all out.

• Moderators

Last Christmas it was 12 years since my daughter's husband proposed to her.  Last Christmas he told her he was getting a divorce.  So Christmas holds both memories for her.  I understand how hard it can be having the best and worst days rolled into one, a lot of emotion.  I wish I'd seen this earlier.  I'm glad you let it out, not rambling at all!  This is a support group of a sort, and we listen...we care.  :wub:

Archived