Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Stage

BBB

• Members

I've reached a stage where the numb and shock are wearing off and reality is slowly trying to seep into my already confused brain. In the beginning it was bad but I still had some numbness. Now that it is wearing off, it is becoming even more difficult. I'm about 5-6 months in. Anyone else go through a more difficult time during that time frame? It's becoming harder than it was and it already was hard.

• Moderators

I can't say personally as my situation had a lot of "other stuff" that threw a monkey wrench into the grieving process, but I think it is common for a "dip" after the initial shock and flurry of activity around then...but while time certainly doesn't heal all wounds, it does help. Hold on. Better days are ahead.

• Moderators

I've heard it said time and again that about six months is one of the hardest times, shock has worn off, reality has hit, and a lot of times everyone has gone back to their lives...except we lost ours.  It can take time to build something of our lives...

• Members
I've reached a stage where the numb and shock are wearing off and reality is slowly trying to seep into my already confused brain. In the beginning it was bad but I still had some numbness. Now that it is wearing off, it is becoming even more difficult. I'm about 5-6 months in. Anyone else go through a more difficult time during that time frame? It's becoming harder than it was and it already was hard.

Yes it is over 4 months and it does seem to be getting worse:(

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

Archived