Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What made you love your love?

KayC

• Moderators

In my other grief forum, someone started this thread, and I love it!  I hope everyone will weigh in on this, it's a way of remembering/memorializing them, part of our story.

What I loved about him (besides his beautiful blue/green eyes and build and the way he was balding and that tiny lock of hair would fall on his forehead) was how understanding and caring he was, that he was a great communicator, and we could talk to each other about anything, his sense of humor, and how I felt so safe and loved when he held me.  I've never felt with anyone what I had with him.  He took on that protector role with me, I've never met anyone so caring...about everyone.  Oh, and his voice!  Sigh...

• Members

His kindness to others and his compassion, he genuinely loved and cared for me. He would bandage any cuts and hover over me if I was sick, tending to every need. I did the same for him. We had a synergy both unselfish towards each other.

I loved his blue eyes I would get lost in them sometimes. Loved his gorgeous red hair and the little freckles on his nose bridge. His strength as he was a naturally strong, muscular man. Powerful and very  protective of me and his daughter. His capacity to love and open his heart up with abandon, risking everything giving his whole heart to me. This also made him vulnerable and yes so sensitive under that masculine exterior. 
Also he was witty and so intelligent, a bookworm, at times I would secretly get jealous if he read too long, I wanted to be part of everything in his world.  Mostly our compatibility I miss, we were like two peas in a pod.

• Members

Oh wow, so many things. From the very beginning, whenever I was in his presence, I felt understood, cherished, protected, safe. We were so very compatible, too. We shared the same worldviews along with the same tastes in music, movies, hobbies, decorating--you name it. We had amazing chemistry, and we knew almost immediately that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.

I admired him so much for the interesting life experiences that he had, the encyclopedic knowledge that he shared, and the strong, commanding presence that he had. He was the man whom other men would always go to for help with things like moving furniture, and people generally looked up to him as a cool guy. And OMG was he handsome.

He was a fantastic cook who taught me the basics around the kitchen. I have so many cherished memories of helping him cook dinner.

He always took care of me when I was sick, even when I temporarily lost the use of an arm. I couldn't even open a can or hold a sandwich, but he was there doing everything for me without hesitation.

And he showed up for me in other ways, too. He was my constant champion, the person who was always genuinely proud of me for my achievements, and enthuisastically believing I could accomplish any dream I chose to pursue.

• Members

I loved Richard because he loved me back. 

If there was such a thing as the GOOD kind of co-dependence it was Richard and me.  We met and fell in love in our freshman year of college and have been with each other for 46 years. 

Richard had long arms and large hands, he was tall and strong and I was never afraid because he was there.  He did our math, I did our typing, he did the yard, I did the kitchen floor.  We were very much a team.  Sometimes it was 50/50 other times it was 30/70 neither of us minded.  He was soft spoken and never fussed at me when I handed him the wrong tools.

I am proud to be his wife, Richard was honest, caring, and thoughtful.  The only thing wrong with Richard was he put his dish on the counter above the dishwasher, not in it.  I have recently forgiven him for that. 

Now I have to go wash my face since I have been crying since I began writing this.

Archived