Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

People who have no respect for him after passing

Tash B

• Members

My fiancé as you could see In previous posts I’ve posted passed away 3 months ago. I am very new to being widowed. We were together for 12 years so I consider myself a widow. 

I am 30 he passed at 34. He was my best friend. We shared mutual friends my friends became his vise versa. He was a social butterfly and was always the guy to make the room laugh.. any room, anytime, any place. Well his friends since his passing two of them have completely disrespected him and his name. Both of them have In round about ways hit on me. It’s absolutely disgusting and deplorable. 
I wanted to know if this has happened to others and what you did about it? I’m infuriated and disgusted in their behaviour. 

• Moderators

No, but a well-placed kick where it counts come to mind. I have heard similar from others a time or two. The depths to which some people are all to happy to sink is just unbelievable. Very sorry to hear this. While I experienced nothing like that, her/my/our "friends" fairly quickly disappeared, in one or two cases even turned on me when I was at my wits end, so I can appreciate at least friends turning out to be anything but.

Maybe you should mention how you read a news story about a widow who was hit on by some unfeeling slime and she blew their heads off...and you really felt her reaction was reasonable :) Then give them a dead-eye glare and they're stupid enough not to get the hint and go, get up and leave with this parting shot:  "I have nothing to lose; you might want to think about that"

• Moderators

I had that happen to me as well and I just cut off all contact with the person.  I'm sorry you've experienced that, very irritating.

• Members

That is so horrible, so disrespectful, i just don’t understand how some people’s thought process works, I am so sorry you had to endure that. 

Archived