Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

shane (My Baby)

cruzer17013

• Members
cruzer17013

Shane was twenty years old when he was killed on an snow covered road on Superbowl Sunday 2010. He was and always will be my baby. He was the youngest of four and beloved by all who knew Him. My life ended when His did. It has been a year and one half and I grief the same as I did Feb. 11, 2010. People tell me it will get better. No it won't.. Shane has been in my charge since His mom and I seperated when he was 10 years old. Everything I did was for and about Shane. That is over. My other kids have their own lives and childern. It feels to me people are afraid to mention His name around me..Shane lived and was happy and made people happy. I want to hear his name from others and want people to talk of Him. I get so jealous when I see kids his age having fun' Is that wrong or even normal? His good friend put a peice on youtube in memory of Him (ripshanedschmidt). I had to retire because working was nothing but thinking of Him and getting upset at co-workers who thought I should get over it and get on with My life. I have thought of crashing my car into a tree, but love my other childern too much to put them threw that. Will write more later.

post-297120-0-26832500-1311563131_thumb.

• Members

Shanes Dad

First, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved son, Shane. I too lost a boy, but he was 16 when he became an angel. The grief journey you are on will change over time, but it takes work from us to do that. Some of us say the second year is worse than the first. The shock has completely worn off and reality is slapping us in the face.

Come join us on the Loss of an Adult Child thread. Many loving people are there that are in different stages of this grief journey. Our kids are together in heaven, we are left to pick up the pieces. Please be kind to yourself. Your mind and body are experiencing a terrible shock.

Talk about your son on the this site. With work from you, the good memories become good again, they may actually make us smile and laugh again. If I may ask one thing of you. Find one thing today to smile about - just one. The next week find two things to smile about and so on. We almost have to force ourselves to find happiness again in the new life without our sons.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

Archived