Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grief vs Depression

Yoli

• Members

Does anyone know when grief is overtaken by depression? I just feel myself sinking lower and lower.

• Members

A loss of love one can cause depression. I have depression before my loss. And I do feel it at times now. There is support groups that can help the grief. If your depression does not go away or get worse its best to get help. And get help right away if feeling that you may hurt your self. 

• Members

Thank you. I am going to a counselor so I'll make sure to get clarification. Just a more horrendous week than usual I guess. Never thought my life would be in this place, not in a million years. I know everyone here can relate to that.

• Members
Collettesweetbear
This article addresses clinical depression vs depression in grief:
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2012/06/voices-of-experience-grief-and.html

Thank you Kay C,

This link was really helpful. I am currently looking up more of the links about grief and loss and the rest. Thank you so much KayC. You have helped me more then words can say. It’s the true love in your heart for others who have loss and pain from humans to animals. Very special person you are.
Always, Collette [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

Thank you Kay C,

This link was really helpful. I am currently looking up more of the links about grief and loss and the rest. Thank you so much KayC. You have helped me more then words can say. It’s the true love in your heart for others who have loss and pain from humans to animals. Very special person you are.
Always, Collette [emoji173]️

Oops, sorry KayC, I mean more of the links you have sent me. Just wanted to extra thank you.

Archived