Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Today is our 31st wedding anniversary ❤️

Adria

• Members

Today we would have been celebrating 31 years together...wow, 31 years! No words can describe how much I miss you. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about you or even look for you. Today is the first time we have not been together for our anniversary, and I am sad. We may not have always been able to celebrate big, but we were never apart...this hurts! I know as time goes on, it will get easier (at least that’s what everyone says). But, for now, there is only emptiness, loneliness, pain and heartache. I can only hope that I am making you proud, but I feel like I fail at that daily. Just know that I love you always and forever [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

I'm sorry you are hurting and spending this anniversary without him.  These special dates are so hard.  I hope you find some assurance in the fact that if he were here, you would be spending today together.  It does hurt and it is horrible.  Don't say you are failing.  If you are strong enough to take on each new day, you are not failing anything.  Ask yourself how he would be if the tables were turned?  He would be feeling the same way you are.  Sometimes, it's the only thing that helps me get through the day, taking on the hurt so he doesn't have to. 

Today is still your 31st wedding anniversary.  Congratulations on your long lasting love, no one can ever take all those years from you.  They are yours forever. 

• Members

Rhonda,
Thank you so much for all of the encouragement and support!! It is definitely what I needed. Most days I am usually strong and I know he is and will always be with me. Today just hit harder than even all of the holidays since his death last October. I don’t know why, it just did. I have had so much support from family and friends today it is unbelievable. But, I just can’t seem to stop crying today. Maybe it just needs to come out.

• Moderators

Those anniversaries can be so hard, we don't know what to do with them now, we know how different it'd be if they were here.  Sending you comfort and support...

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/p/h.html

1 hour ago, Rhonda R said:

Congratulations on your long lasting love, no one can ever take all those years from you.  They are yours forever.

That is a beautiful way to look at it!

• Members
On 8/4/2020 at 11:35 PM, Adria said:

Today we would have been celebrating 31 years together...wow, 31 years! No words can describe how much I miss you. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about you or even look for you. Today is the first time we have not been together for our anniversary, and I am sad. We may not have always been able to celebrate big, but we were never apart...this hurts! I know as time goes on, it will get easier (at least that’s what everyone says). But, for now, there is only emptiness, loneliness, pain and heartache. I can only hope that I am making you proud, but I feel like I fail at that daily. Just know that I love you always and forever emoji173.png

((HUGS))

There is nothing I can say that will help but just know you aren’t alone.   I know that I will be struggling through the same thing shortly as my birthday and anniversary are coming up and are just 4 days apart.  For once I am not looking forward to either day.   

• Members
On 8/5/2020 at 1:35 AM, Adria said:

Today we would have been celebrating 31 years together...wow, 31 years! No words can describe how much I miss you. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about you or even look for you. Today is the first time we have not been together for our anniversary, and I am sad. We may not have always been able to celebrate big, but we were never apart...this hurts! I know as time goes on, it will get easier (at least that’s what everyone says). But, for now, there is only emptiness, loneliness, pain and heartache. I can only hope that I am making you proud, but I feel like I fail at that daily. Just know that I love you always and forever emoji173.png

41 minutes ago, jwahlquist said:

There is nothing I can say that will help but just know you aren’t alone.   I know that I will be struggling through the same thing shortly as my birthday and anniversary are coming up and are just 4 days apart.  For once I am not looking forward to either day.  

Our anniversary, Father's Day, and my birthday, are all within 5 weeks of late spring/early summer. It was a vomitus, nauseating, and unbearably painful time for me this year. I empathize with you both, Adria and Jwah. Hugs to both of you.  

• Moderators

My husband's birthday is June 14, he died June 19 which was also Father's day that year.  June 10 was my dad's birthday and my parents' anniversary, all of them gone now.  June 6 my SIL's birthday, now he divorced my daughter, I loved him like a son for 20 years, now grieving the loss of the person he used to be.  June is a tough month, I can relate.

Archived