Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sign?

Yoli

• Members

Ok so the other night I was texting a friend when a gif appeared right under the text I just sent. After looking at it and comprehending what it said, it disappeared. My friend swears she didn't send/delete anything and as it appeared right under what I text it couldn't have come from her. The gif said I Love You and it had little hearts with white stars in them. The smoke alarm went off three times and the landline cut out for about 10 seconds whilst talking to my brother and clicked back in. The smoke alarm and phone could be explained away but the gif?? I have desperately been asking for signs and told my partner that it cannot be subtle. This I saw with my own eyes. Thoughts.

I am still incredibly and totally heart broken and have been very emotional this weekend. Tomorrow marks 2 months since my love left this world. I am lost without her and feel like I am just filling in time.

• Members

The smoke alarm and landline could be signs, though less likely than some other things.  It depends on if your partner knew you'd be okay with something loud and something annoying.  So let's talk about the gif.

You asked for an obvious sign.  I'd say a gif that says "Love You" with hearts and white stars is absolutely a sign.  If it had come to me, especially at a time when I asked my love for a sign, I'd know without doubt that it was him sending it.  I'd know and be comforted "hearing" that he still loves me.

IMO, it's a sign and should be treasured as such.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, foreverhis said:

IMO, it's a sign and should be treasured as such.

I agree.  I'm so glad you got that!

Archived