Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Very Lonely

SadRN

• Members

Having some very lonely days and nights. July is the month when my husband travels a lot for his job and my son (6) and I are alone. Have had several little plans (lunch with a friend, movie with mom, Bible school, pool, etc.), but I just feel so lonely. Usually in the summers I would spend a lot of time with my dad, and now I feel so empty. I miss him so much. We cooked dinner together once a week and had nice long talks about life. And I just wish I could have one more of those long talks... I know I have a wonderful family (my loving husband and sweet son, and my mom whom I am growing closer to), but I feel like my family that I knew is gone and I miss it so much. Dad gave me the money at Christmas to buy a bookcase for my living room, and I finally picked one out tonight and ordered it. But it just feels like that one last thing that is done- something off the checklist. And I just wish I could say "I love you" one last time. Having a really tough time...

• Members
dizzydancingway

I'm really sorry you're having a rough time. I miss my mom all the time. She was the one that took care of everyone and I miss that feeling...now I'm the one who's stepped up and taken up her role in the family. I'm only 27 and its so sad...not to have that one person who will protect you through thick and thin. You're lucky your dad was so loving. Focus on the good memories...it helps the pain a little. Stay busy, but its okay to feel lonely and hopeless...its normal in greif and it really shows how much your dad meant to you. You are so lucky you had all the time you did with him. He sounds like he was a great parent and I'm sure he helped shape you into a wonderful mom. I'm glad you found this home to share your loss in...we all know how it feels and it really does help to talk about it!

Archived