Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Two Years ago today

Candyce68

• Members

On this date two years ago, I lost my best friend, soulmate, and husband.  Sometimes, it feels impossible to move on with my life without Ed.  Ed was my support during difficult times. I do not have that support now, and with all the chaos in the world it is even more difficult to face this life without Ed.  I will always miss and love Ed.

• Moderators

Candyce, I know this is a hard day and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  I know these days are really tough...my George's birthday was two days ago and his death day is June 19 & Father's Day.  Sending you hugs...

• Members

Hello.  I'm coming up on 2 years too.  I miss my husband every bit as much as I did that first morning I woke up alone in a house that no longer seemed like home.  Society just doesn't get that this is not something we "move on" from or that we put behind us.  It's not just losing our spouses, it's losing half of ourselves, our lives, our everything.

I've found that it's easier to bear as time goes by, but it sure as heck isn't easier to live with day to day.  I'm learning how to carry my grief with me and make it part of my life, rather than all of it.  And I do have times now where I can smile or laugh with people who care about me and us.  Everything going on now sure does make it harder, especially being isolated not by choice.

I wish I could offer the "perfect" words to help, but we know there aren't any.  Just know that I understand and that we are all thinking about you today and sending you warm, comforting hugs (virtual though they may be).

Archived