Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Little Furry Angel

Sweetpea17

• Members
Sweetpea17

Six months ago my best friend Mitzi died. She was 17 and a half years old and had kidney disease but it was a tumor that killed her. We done everything together. She would watch me cook, we always sat outside together and if I had a migraine she would get into bed with me and not leave me, we watched TV together. Now I can't move on. I keep wishing she was back with me. I feel like I have no reason to exist. My days were happy and full when she was alive, but now, even after six months, I look at her picture and just cry. How is it possible to move on? Everything reminds of her.

• Moderators

I am so sorry @Sweetpea17.  There IS no "moving on," that is a misnomer.  There IS learning to continue though and I have learned to do it one day at a time.  Their absence is keenly felt as all of our routines are affected...their absence is keenly noted in the absence of these daily rituals we did together.  I miss my Arlie more than life itself and would give anything to have him back.  Alas that is not my option.  He had inoperable cancer, his liver shut down before diagnosis.  He lived two months ten days longer, I could only give him palliative care and had him put to sleep when I felt his suffering too great.  He was staying alive for me.  The most beautiful sweetest smartest goofiest wonderful dog in the world.  My walking companion and best friend.

I am so sorry that yet another person is also going through this.  Just do one day at a time, today, tomorrow get up and do it all over again, gradually, so gradually as to seem imperceptible, we begin to adjust to the changes it means for our lives.  This is taking longer than I could have anticipated, although to be quite honest, I did not know how I could live without him.

I look forward to being with him again one day.

• Members

I know exactly how you feel - I felt the same way. Day to day life was not as joyful without our cat. You will find a certain level of peace but it takes a loooooong time. I understand your sadness, they leave a hole for sure. 

(I did finally adopt a 2 yr old cat because I can't live without an animal in my life.) 

Archived