Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dog Jordan

Kaelen

• Members

My good friend and pet Jordan was put to sleep on Monday the 25th of May 2020. He was found to have cancer just less than a month earlier. I have tried to remember all of the good memories i had with or of him, but can only think of his last few days. My family doesn't seem to be affected as much as me, and i still have to go to school everyday and i barely have enough energy to keep myself from crying. It was only 2 days ago, but it feels like an eternity. I have cried every night and hate that he is gone. After he died, i have been really depressed and miserable, and even the slightest thing to do with him will make me cry again. I took some final photos and videos of and with him, and whenever i watch them back or look at them again, I start to cry again. I know that i am just going on and on about him, but i really miss him. And after all, this website is for people to grief and tell about loved ones who have passed away. I know that i will see him again, but that will be ages! I have lots of tests and assignments in school, and Jordan's death has really threw me off of that. I can't even think about school anymore, and can only think about my poor dog. I know that you are all just random strangers to me, and I'm a stranger to you, but i hope that you can try to cheer me up. Thanks for reading all of this. 

• Moderators

Oh Kaelen, I am so sorry!  I lost my soulmate in a dog, Arlie, 8/16/2019 and it was the hardest thing I've been through since the death of my husband 15 years ago. The pain of missing him is incredible as only another who has experienced the close relationship with their furry/feathered/scaled friend would know.  I will let you know that the intensity of pain will eventually lessen as we being to adjust and cope but I can't tell you when that will be as we are all unique in our journeys.  

I'm glad you have that hope of being with him again.  I hope also that the realization that he is no longer suffering with cancer helps a bit.  My beautiful sweet Arlie also had cancer, inoperable, his liver shut down.  I had him put to sleep before he reached the point of not being able to walk but it was very hard watching the changes in him.  I miss him more than life itself.

It helps to express yourself and know you are heard and understand so I'm glad you found this place.

I know the waiting is hard for that time to come, try to do one day at a time and not focus on your life looming before you. It's how I've learned to live the last 15 years.

Sending you hugs...

• Members

KayC I am so sorry about your husband and Arlie. I hope you can recover someday. It is good to know that the pain will lessen. It has been a week now, and i am sort of starting to get less sad, but i reckon it will still be a long while until i can stop grieving, maybe i will never even stop grieving. Yes, the realization that he doesn't have cancer anymore does help a bit, but not too much, as i miss him more than i think of the positive stuff. Thank you for your advice and kind words. 

Sending you hugs back. 

• Moderators

I know that grief is for the rest of my life, but it does change form and lessen in intensity...I've learned to coexist with my grief.  I can see my grandkids and smile but inside of me there is always that spot in my heart missing George and Arlie.  

Archived