Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Memories

ModKatB

• Members

Since I have been stuck at home of course like many of you, I sit and think. Sometimes it is okay and other times it takes me back to the beginning and things I don't want to remember. So I have found my way back to writing again and it has helped me to get back to being able to remember the good things a little more. I know this is hard for everyone but if you feel like you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.

Today my love I sat down and thought of you for a while.

Shed a few tears, had a few laughs and even got to smile.

Yes I miss you, but I have all these wonderful memories of you and I.

So I will think of us in love before we had to say goodbye.

• Members

Yes being locked down has definitely affected me in that I feel the grief and loss more deeply, I feel stuck. I am in our house and everything we own has a memory associated with it. I try to get out in yard but still difficult to deal without being able to socialize or get out. I still cannot open the box of pictures that go back 30 of our life together. It will take me down the rabbit hole.

yesterday I decided to get rid of old files and papers that are very old. We hauled a filing cabinet around for years. I found some love notes and pictures tucked in one of the files. It made me cry so hard. I know the best of my years are gone. I am not looking forward to living on without him. Our time together was just not long enough.

• Moderators

Thank you for sharing this, Kat, I've always enjoyed your poetry.

Missy...(((hugs)))

• Members
MODArtemis2019

Thank you for sharing your lovely words.

\So I will think of us in love before we had to say goodbye.

So simple, yet carries so much meaning. So much life. 

• Members
10 hours ago, ModKatB said:

Today my love I sat down and thought of you for a while.

Shed a few tears, had a few laughs and even got to smile.

Yes I miss you, but I have all these wonderful memories of you and I.

So I will think of us in love before we had to say goodbye.

Thank you. Actually I'm tearing up reading it. My loss is still raw, so everything makes me emotional. The "Shed a few tears, had a few laughs and even got to smile" part got me.

• Members

Memories can be good and bad at the same time, hard to think about in the beginning but easier as time goes by so this is what I wrote about them.

THE MEMORIES THAT BRING PAIN AND TEARS TODAY, WILL ONE DAY BE THE MEMORIES THAT BRING HAPPINESS AND SMILES.

Archived