Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

why him

pdanielle11

• Members
pdanielle11

My boyfriend was in the army and deployed in Afghanistan for six months. He had two weeks left of his deployment when he was killed by an IED (improvised explosive device). He would be coming home tomorrow. I am so lost and mostly angry about this whole situation because this should not have happened to a 20 year old boy. It also just does not feel real at all and I can't wrap my mind around it. He was the first soldier to die from this town since Vietnam and he is the only soldier who has died in his whole unit. It just makes no sense why this had to happen to him of all people. It is so unfair and I know God could not have had this in his plans. Eric still had his whole life ahead of him. On top of that, I live in Connecticut and enrolled in a school all the way in Colorado for this coming fall because that's where he was going to be stationed once he got back from Afghanistan and we really wanted to be near eachother. I just don't know what to do with myself. I haven't seen him in 6 months, and I never will again. The pain is unreal.

• Members

My boyfriend was in the army and deployed in Afghanistan for six months. He had two weeks left of his deployment when he was killed by an IED (improvised explosive device). He would be coming home tomorrow. I am so lost and mostly angry about this whole situation because this should not have happened to a 20 year old boy. It also just does not feel real at all and I can't wrap my mind around it. He was the first soldier to die from this town since Vietnam and he is the only soldier who has died in his whole unit. It just makes no sense why this had to happen to him of all people. It is so unfair and I know God could not have had this in his plans. Eric still had his whole life ahead of him. On top of that, I live in Connecticut and enrolled in a school all the way in Colorado for this coming fall because that's where he was going to be stationed once he got back from Afghanistan and we really wanted to be near eachother. I just don't know what to do with myself. I haven't seen him in 6 months, and I never will again. The pain is unreal.

Paige,

I want to tell you how terribly sorry I am for the loss of Eric. Only God knows the plan for all of us. I take comfort in knowing that He has all of our best interests at heart even though we may not understand why He does what He does. War doesn't make sense at all. If only we could all get along. It's truly awful when soldiers die.

As far as your school--do you still want to go to Colorado? Can you give it a try? What are your parents saying? Have you talked to a counselor or anything?

How are Eric's parents doing? Do they talk to you, or are they too grief stricken at the moment?

My heart goes out to you. Are you eating or drinking anything? Do you get any sleep? Keep moving forward inch by inch. It will take time, but the agony will lessen little by little. Do you have a picture of Eric? Feel free to post it here.

ModKonnie

• Members
pdanielle11

Thank you very much. And you're right, war does not make sense and it needs to stop. way to many young men and women are dying for no reason.

Yes, I still want to go to Colorado. At first I didn't but I feel like the change will be good for me. I am also very close with the rest of the soldiers in his unit so if I go to Colorado I will be able to be with them. My parents are kind of just letting me do what I have to do to deal with it all, I have a therapist but I haven't felt like talking to her since he died.

Eric's parents are not too good, but they are like my second parents so I have been spending a lot of time with them and we have been helping each other. They got me a Pandora necklace with a U.S. army charm for my graduation :) it was so nice.

For the first few days I did not eat, drink, or sleep but I started getting way too weak and forced myself to eat a little something. My doctor also gave me xanax to help me sleep some nights so I'm getting more back into the swing of things a little at a time.

Thanks again I really appreciate it!

Oh, and this is me and Eric 2 weeks before he deployed :)

Paige,

I want to tell you how terribly sorry I am for the loss of Eric. Only God knows the plan for all of us. I take comfort in knowing that He has all of our best interests at heart even though we may not understand why He does what He does. War doesn't make sense at all. If only we could all get along. It's truly awful when soldiers die.

As far as your school--do you still want to go to Colorado? Can you give it a try? What are your parents saying? Have you talked to a counselor or anything?

How are Eric's parents doing? Do they talk to you, or are they too grief stricken at the moment?

My heart goes out to you. Are you eating or drinking anything? Do you get any sleep? Keep moving forward inch by inch. It will take time, but the agony will lessen little by little. Do you have a picture of Eric? Feel free to post it here.

ModKonnie

post-297032-0-58659000-1309811584_thumb.

• Members

Thank you very much. And you're right, war does not make sense and it needs to stop. way to many young men and women are dying for no reason.

Yes, I still want to go to Colorado. At first I didn't but I feel like the change will be good for me. I am also very close with the rest of the soldiers in his unit so if I go to Colorado I will be able to be with them. My parents are kind of just letting me do what I have to do to deal with it all, I have a therapist but I haven't felt like talking to her since he died.

Eric's parents are not too good, but they are like my second parents so I have been spending a lot of time with them and we have been helping each other. They got me a Pandora necklace with a U.S. army charm for my graduation :) it was so nice.

For the first few days I did not eat, drink, or sleep but I started getting way too weak and forced myself to eat a little something. My doctor also gave me xanax to help me sleep some nights so I'm getting more back into the swing of things a little at a time.

Thanks again I really appreciate it!

Oh, and this is me and Eric 2 weeks before he deployed :)

The picture is awesome. I am glad you are beginning to take steps forward, and it is good that you are still going forward with your plans. We would certainly welcome Eric's parents here, so please tell them about us. There are many people who have lost their children here.

You may want to talk to your therapist before you go to Colorado. When do you leave? What are you studying?

ModKonnie

Archived