Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mother and Father.

Kevin Sammut

• Members
Kevin Sammut

Well, it's been around a year now that my mother has passed away (I'm 17 by the way) and it's been alright, mainly for the reason that I cannot remember anything that has happened when she was alive. My father died when I was in grade 6, and I just got over his death before my mother died. For some reason, life seems like a big blur, and my memory has collapsed to a point now that I can't remember what I've done 1 minute ago. I generally cope with the loss with humour, as I find crying to hard to do (I don't have enough care to cry at this point), but I want to. There are those days when I do shut myself off from the world, sit in my room and think about things, thus leading to me crying, but I haven't done it recently. Now, I just want to know if someone else is out their with the same life-is-a-blur thing that I'm going through, and if their is any way I can make it go away, as with the memory issue.

Also, I tell this to everyone, but I'm also here to help anyone who's in need. :)

• Members

Well, it's been around a year now that my mother has passed away (I'm 17 by the way) and it's been alright, mainly for the reason that I cannot remember anything that has happened when she was alive. My father died when I was in grade 6, and I just got over his death before my mother died. For some reason, life seems like a big blur, and my memory has collapsed to a point now that I can't remember what I've done 1 minute ago. I generally cope with the loss with humour, as I find crying to hard to do (I don't have enough care to cry at this point), but I want to. There are those days when I do shut myself off from the world, sit in my room and think about things, thus leading to me crying, but I haven't done it recently. Now, I just want to know if someone else is out their with the same life-is-a-blur thing that I'm going through, and if their is any way I can make it go away, as with the memory issue.

Also, I tell this to everyone, but I'm also here to help anyone who's in need. :)

Indigo Rayu,

Awww. That is so nice of you to offer to help others. How giving and thoughtful of you, despite your own grief. I am terribly sorry about the loss of your parents. Are you somewhere safe with people who love you? Do you have any support system or counseling? Have you told anyone else about your not being able to remember? It may be a way your system is trying to cope with the loss of your mom.

Why do you think you don't care? Are you numb feeling because of denial? Are you numb because of despair? Can you describe a little more indepth how you feel? I am glad you found us. There are many people here who will be able to offer you encouragement and support. You are not alone in this. And don't be afraid to cry if you suddenly feel like it. It's okay, but if you don't want to cry--well, that's okay, too.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived