Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my mommy

mommasgurl

• Members

My mother passed away in April suddenly of a heart attack at age 45. I was with her when it happened and it was 5 days before I gave birth. I know she's in a better place but she was not just a mom but my best friend. Im so depressed and i long for her everyday. I have 3 small children and at times im so weak from sorrow i cant function. Dont get me wrong,, they are well taken care of but im emotionally torn and i feel bad that i cant control it sometimes...what am i to do????sad.gifmellow.gif i feel like im going crazy.

• Members
dizzydancingway

I'm missing my mom a whole lot too. She died in April also. She was in her 60s, but I'm only 27 and I feel too young to lose a mom. Most of the time I feel strong and am proud of how well I'm doing at such an age, but then I go downhill, like someone just inflated my balloon, like I realize, "oh yeah...this is what it feels like without my mom." Its so easy to turn, too. I can feel so happy and wham, it hits me...that she's gone forever. I know its normal to feel all this, but its also isolating and I feel so empty sometimes, like someone poured her right out of me. The worst is I just keep having flashes of her holding me as a child, taking care of me, loving me. It kills me that that is gone. Its so overwhelming.

Anyway, hang in there. I'm in the same boat you are, though I don't have kids. That must be rough. The good news is that all this turmoil we're feeling is normal and time will help heal the wound. It doesn't seem so sometimes but its what everyone who has gone through this says so I'm trying to go with it.

• Members

My mother passed away in April suddenly of a heart attack at age 45. I was with her when it happened and it was 5 days before I gave birth. I know she's in a better place but she was not just a mom but my best friend. Im so depressed and i long for her everyday. I have 3 small children and at times im so weak from sorrow i cant function. Dont get me wrong,, they are well taken care of but im emotionally torn and i feel bad that i cant control it sometimes...what am i to do????sad.gifmellow.gif i feel like im going crazy.

Mommasgurl,

I am so very very sorry about the loss of your mother. I am sure this must be a particularly hard time, especially with a newborn baby and other children as well. Have you talked to your doctor about how weak and depressed you are? It may be beneficial for you to think about an antidepressant for a short period.

Also, do you have anyone else to talk to? Sisters? Grandmother? Grief counseling may also help, and there are some churches and other faith-based institutions that offer these types of services.

We will be here for you, I want you to know that. You can vent, rage, cry, and talk all you want. When you feel up to it, come share with us about your mom. We will be here to listen.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi there,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am 34 years old and have lost my mom too to an heart attack in April this year. She passed at the age of 62. I miss her dearly as well. I have just joined and have posted something called "My mom passed 27 April 2011 - Results of an e-mail reading " Please check it out it may help you in some way.

Regards

Greg

Archived