Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My grandson Marley

Annette123

• Members
Annette123

Hi. It has been 24 weeks since Marley was taken from us. I don't believe it will get easier. I miss him so much. Every morning when I wake up, I see his beautiful face smiling on the photo on my wall. I kiss him and try to get on with my life. Life is so unfair. Why was Marley taken when he had so little time with us? He was 6 years old and passed 6 days before Christmas. He was buried 6 days after Christmas. How does God choose who to take. Why won't he take me so I can be with my little boy.

• Members
Brendan's Daddy

Annette

You are so right. Life is completely unfair. It has been 6 months and 3 days since I lost my perfect 7 year old son Brendan. I kiss his picture and blanket every single day. I smell his blanket every morning and every night just so I can smell him again. I miss everything about my son. Our lives will never be the same, but I do believe our loved ones are safe and happy. I do believe that we will be with them again. I pray every day that God decides to take me soon, but I know God will take us whenever he feels the time is right. How are Marley's parents doing? Praying for your family.

Brendan's daddy-Tony

• Members
Annette123

Annette

You are so right. Life is completely unfair. It has been 6 months and 3 days since I lost my perfect 7 year old son Brendan. I kiss his picture and blanket every single day. I smell his blanket every morning and every night just so I can smell him again. I miss everything about my son. Our lives will never be the same, but I do believe our loved ones are safe and happy. I do believe that we will be with them again. I pray every day that God decides to take me soon, but I know God will take us whenever he feels the time is right. How are Marley's parents doing? Praying for your family.

Brendan's daddy-Tony

• Members
Annette123

Dear Tony

I read how you lost your son. You replay the incident over and over again in your mind.

My grandson was at my house with his mum and little brother. When he first become ill we thought it was a 24 hour bug. Little did we know it was a 30 hour killer. I keep going over the last day he was here, thinking what if we'd got him to the hospital sooner, but it doesn't change the outcome that he's gone. I have been reading a lot of spiritual books - I am not religious but I am trying to make some sense of this. You ask about his parents. My daughter - his mother hasn't been to see me since his inquest on 24 March. She says I never ask about the younger son. It's true, but I never asked about him when Marley was alive. We regarded him as a nuisance as he was too little to play and kept messing up our games - he was crawling into everything. Marley was my first grandson. I saw him being born. It was love at first sight. He lived at my house til he was about 18 months old with his dad and my daughter. When he moved to his own flat, I saw him 5 days per week as I was looking after him when my daughter was training. We had such a strong bond. I can't believe he's gone, and I can't imagine my life without him. I am not coping very well and it's easier not to see my daughter as I can pretend that Marley is with her.

• Members
Annette123

Does life get any easier? Why do these things happen? I miss you so much Marley. I can't believe you've been gone for 24 weeks and 2 days. Please God look after my little boy until I'm there with him. Take me God!!!

• Members
Annette123

Marley. I love you and miss you so much. My life is so empty without you. Please God look after my little boy. Make sure he is always smiling and happy. I will be with one when the time is right.

• Members
westleysmom

Annette-I'm so sorry. I just wanted to say that you are in my thoughts. It must be very hard especially since you spent so much time with him. Hugs

• Members

It is exactly 6 months since we lost Marley. I still can't believe he's gone. It is father's day here in England and I am thinking about Marley's dad. It must be so much harder for him today. I gave him a mug with a photo of him and Marley on it taken about 2 months before he passed.

I am still going to councelling once a week but not sure whether it is doing any good. Next week I am going to visit a medium to see if I can make any contact with Marley - I know there are some of you reading this site that probably don't believe in mediums, but I do. I have to believe that Marley is up there somewhere and I will see him again when I cross over.

• Members

It is now 30 weeks and 4 days since my beautiful Grandson Marley passed. I miss him so much. In England schools finishes on Friday and that is going to be so difficult for me as Marley spent so much of the school holidays with me. What hurts the most I think is wondering how he is up there. I know I should be grateful for having him for 6 and 3 quarter years, but I just miss what we could have had with him. His mum is having another baby - due in 3 weeks time. She didn't know she was expecting when Marley passed, he already had 1 baby brother. Life can be so cruel. What is the point when tradegy hits us so hard. Sorry I am on a downer. But I am trying to be positive for the sake of my other grandson, but my life is incomplete now and it will never be the same as it was. My friends on this site are helping me get through . Just reading other threads - one day at a time.!!!!

Archived