Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How long until normalcy?

MAHEK

• Members

I have lost my husband 2 1/2 years ago on 09/03/2008. He was just 35yrs of age. He suddenly died while talking, he literally dropped dead in 30 seconds flat. It was so bizzare, He was a healthy man . I haven't overcome the shock of his death. Sometimes I feel its a bad dream and I will wake up. I have a 5 year old daughter (she was 2 when he died). I have coped and coped but not succeeded, I can't get over him. Sometimes i feel sad, angry and helpless.

We had a bad marriage so my feelings are mixed. There are days I feel its better this way. Then there are days I miss him. then there are days I feel cheated betrayed. I go thru rollercoaster of emotions.

I can't come 2 terms with his death , can't raise my child all alone. I feel the financial burden, the emotional pain n emptiness.

Will life ever be normal again? I really don't know.

• Members
trishdishes

I am going on 2 1/2 years also and feel much the same you do. I don't think it will ever be normal again. I am sooooo tired of trying to be strong. Soooo tired of trying to make a life without my husband. It is like I aleepwalk through my life. Oh, I do things with my frriends and even laugh and have fun but I always feel removed from it....just not normal. I have a friend who has been widowed TWICE ( god I can't even imagine how you do that!) and she says it never gets normal...and she is going on 30 years.... so I guess somehow we just learn to have a new normal....but I for one don't know how and am SICK OF TRYING!!! sorry...you can tell it has been a rough day

Archived