Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

bad dreams

skinnymouse

• Members
skinnymouse

I do not sleep well at all, & when I do it is just a few hours here or there. When I do manage to fall asleep, I am only dreaming of death, & ways of dying.Last night's was a bloody mess, but thankfully as I write this I canot recall any details...I just remember whenI woke up that it was a blood related dream & now I forgot the whole thing. I really do not recall any of the dreams in detail, just the theme when I first wake & then it is gone.These are not nightmares in the traditional sense, but they are negative dreams, always about letting myslelf die, or how I have to let myself die...this is not good.Is this something else that happens during grief?My mom is gone 25 days today.

• Members

I do not sleep well at all, & when I do it is just a few hours here or there. When I do manage to fall asleep, I am only dreaming of death, & ways of dying.Last night's was a bloody mess, but thankfully as I write this I canot recall any details...I just remember whenI woke up that it was a blood related dream & now I forgot the whole thing. I really do not recall any of the dreams in detail, just the theme when I first wake & then it is gone.These are not nightmares in the traditional sense, but they are negative dreams, always about letting myslelf die, or how I have to let myself die...this is not good.Is this something else that happens during grief?My mom is gone 25 days today.

Skinnymouse,

Bad dreams, or nightmares, that seem to make no sense but are very troubling are normal during very stressful times. I would say that your dreams are a reaction to your mother's passing. I am sure your dreams are related to your grief. It may be your mind's way of dealing with your grief.

ModKonnie

• Members
skinnymouse

Thanks for the response ModKonnie.

It is not that the dreams do not make sense.The dreams are very realistic, just about death in many forms. I will add that for many many years, I have not had a nightmare. I do not actually have bad dreams in general either, maybe a little off, but I always dream dreams that are completely possible. I only had a slghtly unrealistic dream after my mom's cancer came back this last time, & now that she is gone I am only dreaming (that I recall) about death.It is my own death, & in each dream I am suposed to let it be & accept that I must die.

Skinnymouse,

Bad dreams, or nightmares, that seem to make no sense but are very troubling are normal during very stressful times. I would say that your dreams are a reaction to your mother's passing. I am sure your dreams are related to your grief. It may be your mind's way of dealing with your grief.

ModKonnie

Archived