Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The one second video

ksiemb

• Members

My Beloved Dolly: A year before you passed, I surprised you by videoing you with the cell phone. You exclaimed "What the Hell? !" because you didn't know what I was doing - Well, after your passing, my Son got it off your phone, and I put it on the Laptop. I am so so thankful that he found that clip because I had forgotten all about it. Now I play it every day, and many times during the day because I can see you as you looked then, and hear your voice say "What the Hell ?" Like I said, it is only one second in duration, but I cherish that bit of digital imagery of you so highly ! Just hearing those 3 words in your voice and briefly seeing you brings a moment of peace to my heart. Oh Dolly, how i Miss and Love you !

Kenny

• Members

I'm so glad you have that.  I was desperate to hear my husband's voice and rummaged around in our computer files, his and mine both, to find some short videos he made when our granddaughter was an infant.  He's filming her, but talking the whole time.  Then I was going through his tablet and found a 5 second video I'd never seen.  He was at the hospital and couldn't figure out what a certain sound was (it was the IV timing pump for his antibiotics and other meds).  So apparently he grabbed his tablet, aimed it at himself, let it run for a couple of seconds, and then asked, "What is that?"  That's all it was, but I just about lost it the day I found it.  It brought back to so much pain, but it was him, his face, his voice as he was fighting for his life.  It's amazing how the little things mean so much, isn't it?

• Moderators

I'd give anything to have that, I'm so glad your son found and saved it for you!  I can still hear George's voice, I loved it.

• Members
Dazed&Confused

I've also been able to find snippets, some from a while back and some right before my wife died. I am happy to have them, but oh man. Right after she died, one of her friends had a movie of them from when they were celebrating a birthday many years ago. I had doubts about seeing it, but glad I did. 

Archived