Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Here

Rhonda R

• Members

I'm a little confused about how to use this site.  What's the difference between Share and Chat?  What's the difference between Share and Circles?  How do you reply to a specific person?  What is this "quote" option? 

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Rhonda R said:

I'm a little confused about how to use this site.  What's the difference between Share and Chat?  What's the difference between Share and Circles?  How do you reply to a specific person?  What is this "quote" option? 

I just clicked quote on your post and it brought it into my reply.
Chat is one on one or group chat.  I think they're charging for it now although the first month might be free.  You started your thread and people can respond with a post to you here.

If you click on my avitar (picture) or usernanme it'll take you to my profile and if you look near the top of the page in yellow there is a "message" link.  That'll open up a place you can type a private message to me.  I haven't used circles, not sure what that is, I guess you could click on it and see where it takes you.

• Moderators

Your post made me wonder, so I clicked on circles, and hello!  That is the chat they've been talking about, finally figured out how to join in and they're not charging for it anymore.  I don't see it a whole lot different than using the forum but this seems easier to me.  If I could figure out a specific purpose for chat over this, I'd probably use it.

• Members

Welcome.  It can definitely be confusing at first.

Unless they've changed, Circles are for specific subjects and intended to stay strictly on that topic.  You have to join them.  They're created by the moderators either at their own suggestion or because a member asked.  There is one called "The Dark Pit" that I joined.  The members there discuss the difficulties and realities of being down in the dark pit without the concern of other members telling them what they should do to feel better or how they ought to try to have hope, etc.  I am guessing that the purpose of Circles is to help the members who join them focus as a smaller group, rather than having everyone chime in.

As far as I can tell, Share is the fully open areas of the website such as forums and picture galleries, where all members are welcome at all times.

I haven't joined Chat, but I think it's just like chat on other websites where you're "talking" in real time either one on one or with a small group of members who are part of the specific conversation.  Unlike Circles or the forums where I might post at 10 am and then another person might respond to my post at 4 pm, chat is more like talking on the phone.

Our wonderful KayC has already answered the other things.

Archived