Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my husband

carolsr

• Members

I lost my husband on February 18, 2011. We were separated, but we were still friends and talked often.

I feel so sad, empty and lost. I knew this day would come because he was not taking care of himself and had no desire to live. I tried for years to help him. It breaks my heart that he is gone and that I was not able to do anything to prevent it.

I have been through this before. I lost my first husband in 1994. I can't believe I have to go through this pain again.

I go to his house to take care of things about once a week. Sometimes it brings me comfort to be there and other times, it is just too sad. He died there .... all alone. I didn't get to say goodbye. I keep thinking that I will see him there. And most of the time, I truly wish that I would.

I know all the stages that I will go through with his death. I know that time will heal and bring comfort. But right now, that is not helpful. It just hurts too much and I am just so tired of losing those that I love.

My heart goes out to all of you here that have lost someone. I wish that none of us had to endure this grief and pain.

Carol

• Members

I lost my husband on February 18, 2011. We were separated, but we were still friends and talked often.

I feel so sad, empty and lost. I knew this day would come because he was not taking care of himself and had no desire to live. I tried for years to help him. It breaks my heart that he is gone and that I was not able to do anything to prevent it.

I have been through this before. I lost my first husband in 1994. I can't believe I have to go through this pain again.

I go to his house to take care of things about once a week. Sometimes it brings me comfort to be there and other times, it is just too sad. He died there .... all alone. I didn't get to say goodbye. I keep thinking that I will see him there. And most of the time, I truly wish that I would.

I know all the stages that I will go through with his death. I know that time will heal and bring comfort. But right now, that is not helpful. It just hurts too much and I am just so tired of losing those that I love.

My heart goes out to all of you here that have lost someone. I wish that none of us had to endure this grief and pain.

Carol

Carol,

I am sorry about the loss of your husband. I, too, wish we never had to go through grief, but, well....Do you know what he died from? I can only hope that as the days go by, you will feel better. We will be here when you need to talk.

ModKonnie

Archived