Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

1 year

Brazil Man

• Members
Brazil Man

It's 1 year since my beloved wife Rosana passed away. I just can't believe that 1 year has already passed.
T
he suffering is just the same and nothing has changed. I suffer like it was the first day.
Time is passing fast and increasing the distance between me and her.

Moises 

• Members

You words "Time is passing fast and increasing the distance between me and her", says it perfectly.  I am so dreading June 27, 1 year.  I honestly don't know what to do that day.  Do I go to work like it is just a normal day? Do I sit at home and cry? What will I do?  Everyone says do what you want, but I don't know what I want.  I haven't wanted anything but Dave back for so long.  I know it is that way for all of us and I can't believe I am so weak.  

• Members
Sunflower2
1 minute ago, SBA said:

I can't believe I am so weak.  

You are not weak!  You will know in your heart what you will do that day.  You are your best teacher.  It is has been said that the anticipation of the anniversary is worse then the actual day.  

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Brazil Man said:

This was my fear too, and while time does pass and it seems the rest of the world moves on, for us it's different, we still hold that place for them in our hearts.

37 minutes ago, SBA said:

Everyone says do what you want, but I don't know what I want. 

That's the juxtaposition we're in...no matter how we choose to handle the day, there's no easy answer because we can't fix it.  We just want things back as they were.  Somehow we live through the anniversary of death and many more but I can't tell you how except time passes and we wake up and we're still breathing...it doesn't solve anything, we're left with the dilemma of how to do this life without them and that's something we struggle with day by day.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers as June 27 approaches.  For me it's also June.

• Members
Billie Rae

@Brazilman,my heart is with you.@SBA it will be a hard day for you,but remember you have already done the worst day,living through death.You are not weak,just heartbroken.
Love you all

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Grieving.com mobile app

• Members

@Brazil Man  Thinking of you on this day, and sending hope for more peaceful days ahead. I wish we could all be there to surround you with love and hugs.      @SBA  Will be thinking of you also. I think I start thinking of those days so far ahead that by the time the day arrives 'm wore out and grieved out and spend half the day sleeping.  I can't seem to plan ahead for anything, I also never know what I want.  Hugs Jeanne

• Members

Brazil Man,

I am thinking of you and feel your deep pain. I too have recently had some bad days with my beloved's birthday, passing day and our anniversary. A difficult time to go through, one after the other.

It is thirteen months since my heart was ripped out and time is not easing that pain, one bit. 

• Members

I feel for you, each day is hard but the anniversary is the day we all wish we could change.

18 hours ago, Brazil Man said:

I remember watching the sun rise on the first day of the rest of my life without my love and thinking how each new day would create more time and distance from the last time we were together and not wanting that space to grow. I dont know what I want either other than the one thing i cant have. Nothing has as much meaning or purpose like before.

My thoughts are with you Brazil Man and us all as we keep waking to a new day. I hope you found a peaceful way of connecting and remembering the good times you had. 

Archived