Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How to care of my mother?

James12

• Members

Hi,
I'm writing this with a sad mind. My mother is suffering from migraine for the past 10 years.We had many treatment f this, but nothing works out. Usually, she gets a migraine when she is exposed to sunlight or sometimes after her late night shower.
Due to this, she started losing her hair. In between, we checked her full head. But nothing wrong was found. Usually the exposure towards the sunlight makes her weak. During that day, she sleeps in a dark room with noises and light and sometimes, she sleeps for 2.3 days without proper food. She won't feel to speak with anyone.
We tried different methods and nothing work out, then one of my friends suggested the medical acupuncture in thornhill. Is it really good to undergo such treatment?Are they available at affordable costs? Please share your thoughts!

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Hi James12,

I think that only a doctor with your mom’s medical history could provide an answer on that for you.  Maybe they would even refer her to a neurologist or chiropractic depending on her specific symptoms and possibly blood work. Best to take her in to her general practitioner to see what they recommend. I go to to acupuncture for many reasons. It takes time and several sessions, but it has helped me with physical pain in my hip and depression.  A lot of people quit before actually giving it a chance and so if the doctor does recommend it...maybe have them explain that to her so that she gives it time if she does start it. Some insurances cover a certain amount of appointments if the acupuncturist is in network. I wish her and you luck. 

Archived