Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

new to the forum

aprilwasinger

• Members
aprilwasinger

Dear All,

My name is April; I've found this site through a follower on twitter. A bit about my family...I'm married to Jim, have 23 and 21 yo sons, and a 7 yo daughter, Emma Grace. Daughter Brittney, our 18 yo was killed in a car accident on March 26, 2007. I still, after nearly four years, find the pain nearly immobilizing. I go on for my children, but nothing eases the excruciating agony. It seems I live in this solitary world of grief that no one understands; I'm fairly sure I'm "preaching to the choir" in this forum; but I sincerely hope to find friends that may share beams of light.

• Members

Hello April

My name is Colleen. We lost our 16 year old son in a car crash on 6-19-2008. You are right, no-one can understand the depth of this pain. My family has limped forward. We have a 17 yo son and 21 yo daughter.

We post on the Loss of Adult child thread. Even though Brian was not an adult, many on there are not and we are accepted without question.

Come join us

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Hello April and Welcome

I am so glad that you found us but oh so sorry for the reason that you are here. I lost my only child, Stephen in May 2007 and understand that 4 years in the loss of a child is like a day. The pain is still intense and the emptiness unyielding. I did find coming here, sharing my joy and pain with those who know what I am enduring did help. I feel understood and supported

When I get the courage to smile or go out to dinner I know I can come here and report my success or failure I also can share my son and everyone listens.

So please come often, post pictures in the gallery of Brittney and tell us all about your precious child. We will be here

Thanks for trusting us with your pain

• Members
aprilwasinger

Thank you to Betty and Colleen for welcoming me. I have been reading the posts and it is so obvious you are members of a wonderful family of support; I am blessed to be here.

April

• Members

Dear All,

My name is April; I've found this site through a follower on twitter. A bit about my family...I'm married to Jim, have 23 and 21 yo sons, and a 7 yo daughter, Emma Grace. Daughter Brittney, our 18 yo was killed in a car accident on March 26, 2007. I still, after nearly four years, find the pain nearly immobilizing. I go on for my children, but nothing eases the excruciating agony. It seems I live in this solitary world of grief that no one understands; I'm fairly sure I'm "preaching to the choir" in this forum; but I sincerely hope to find friends that may share beams of light.

April,

I feel as though I can never find the right words to tell someone how sorry I am about the loss of their beloved child. I want to welcome you to our warm community. You are in the right place; there are people here who have suffered similar tragedies and they will know better than I do how to encourage and support you. I just want to let you know there are people here who care. We will be thinking of you.

ModKonne

• Members
aprilwasinger

Thank you Konnie, I do feel a warmth here that I haven't felt for a while. My husband deals with grief in his own solitary way, and I try desperately to be strong for the children that I still have that need me. This is not an easy journey, sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe, pathetic sounding I'm sure, but that seems to be the way my life is right now. Thank you for having a place for people like me to come and share this agony that we all can relate to.

April

• Members

Hi everyone, I'm new and not sure where to start. I guess I should be posting on the 'Loss of an adult child' board. I lost my 23 yo son 2 years ago this month in a motorcycle accident. I'm not dealing with the loss very well to say the least. I'm a wreck, I'm trying hard not to be, but that's not working out so well. I guess I just need to be able to talk about it without upsetting everyone around me. My family keeps trying to make me 'feel better' and they get depressed when I'm depressed, so I have spent the last two years trying to make them feel better and trying to convince them that I'm OK. Could someone please direct me back to my sanity? :blink:

• Members

Hi Carol

Welcome I do believe you have finally found a safe place to be directed back to your sanity. Here you will be heard, no one will tell you to "Get Over It" or try to take your feelings from you. You are right, posting on the Adult Child Board will enable yout connect with so many kind, loving parents who know exactly how you feel and will support you on this dreadful road.

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious child. I lost my only son Stephen 3 years ago and this Board saved my sanity and life

Please come here often, tell us about your adventerous son. Post his pictues in the Gallery and know you are home

Archived