Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing your little precious one to a tragic Accident

Kitty

• Members

Hey,

How can you cope, deal with the guilt or just simply survive?

I lost the best thing in my life nearly seven months ago, it feels like yday but how can you stop the downward sprial of losing control?

I'm so empty, so hurt and so alone! Although I do have an amazing support network around me.............................No one can truely understand unless you've lost a loved one in a similar situation but having said that, to lose anyone loved one can destroy everything :(

• Members

Hey,

How can you cope, deal with the guilt or just simply survive?

I lost the best thing in my life nearly seven months ago, it feels like yday but how can you stop the downward sprial of losing control?

I'm so empty, so hurt and so alone! Although I do have an amazing support network around me.............................No one can truely understand unless you've lost a loved one in a similar situation but having said that, to lose anyone loved one can destroy everything :(

Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss. There are many here who have experienced exactly what you are feeling, and I'm sure they will reply soon. I am here as a friend of mine at work suffered the loss of his duaghter in a tragic accidendt 6 months ago, and I have been seeking (and getting) advice on how best to offer support. He has a big support system as well, but I'm sure he feels as you do as well - that unless someone has gone through it, they can't understand the depth of the pain. I will pray for you. May God watch over you and keep you strong.

Brody

• Members

Hey Brody,

Thankyou so very much for your thoughtful comment,

It's really nice to here that you are being there to support your friend! I'm really sure anything that you can do to support him will be valuable and he will apprechiate it. It's nice just to have someone around you that you can depend on.

Words don't always offer comfort to those around us but a presence and contact can be vital.

Take care hun x

Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss. There are many here who have experienced exactly what you are feeling, and I'm sure they will reply soon. I am here as a friend of mine at work suffered the loss of his duaghter in a tragic accidendt 6 months ago, and I have been seeking (and getting) advice on how best to offer support. He has a big support system as well, but I'm sure he feels as you do as well - that unless someone has gone through it, they can't understand the depth of the pain. I will pray for you. May God watch over you and keep you strong.

Brody

• Members

You are very welcome,

Thankyou for your thoughtful comment, yes it is very fresh but I'm sure that the tragedy will continue to break me forever more.

Take care x

[

• Members

Hey Brody,

Thankyou so very much for your thoughtful comment,

It's really nice to here that you are being there to support your friend! I'm really sure anything that you can do to support him will be valuable and he will apprechiate it. It's nice just to have someone around you that you can depend on.

Words don't always offer comfort to those around us but a presence and contact can be vital.

Take care hun x

You're welcome, Kitty.

It has been a learning experience as I try to support my friend. I don't alwlays know what to say (I suffer from shyness and social anxiety - but his needs outweigh my fears), but I do check in with him tow or three times a week to see how he is doing.

Thanks for the kind words!

Brody

• Members

It's a learning experience for all of us I spose.

As you said you don't always know what to say but when I had first lost Leo, I would of really apprechiated hearing that from someone, honesty means a lot more rather than a play on words or a sentence that someone feels they really must say just to mention something and it really shows again how much of a wonderful friend you really are as your putting their needs first rather than your own. If I was in your position then - just be honest, say i'm not sure what to say, but I'm here and willing to help.

Being there two or three times a week is more than most people ever do.

Your very welcome Brody x

Archived