Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Taxes

SSC

• Members

For those of you who lost your partner this past year, do you know if the tax process will be difficult?  My daughter suggested I go to a tax accountant this year.  I’ve always been the one to do our taxes ( via TurboTax) but I’m not sure if it would cover my situation. 

• Members
For those of you who lost your partner this past year, do you know if the tax process will be difficult?  My daughter suggested I go to a tax accountant this year.  I’ve always been the one to do our taxes ( via TurboTax) but I’m not sure if it would cover my situation. 
If you use turbo tax and your husband was alive part of the year you will do it as normal and at the end turbo tax will ask if either partner has died.if you don't see that you can live chat with them.but file as normal married joint.it's not to hard if you've done your own before.
Love Billie

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Grieving.com mobile app

• Members

If you have been filing under Married Filing Jointly, then that's how you file your 2018 taxes.  TurboTax will even walk you through that just like Billie Rae says.

• Moderators

I did my taxes on line when George died and they let you claim your husband even though he died, it wasn't complicated at all.  The questions walk you through it.

Archived