Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

13 weeks

beaniele

• Members

I am without the love of my life for the past 13 weeks. Roger died suddenly on Nov 16th. I have all the reactions everyone described. I do not want to go on but for my father and sister I have too. We were together for 38 years. I feel my life is over..

Linda

• Members

Linda,I'm so sorry you find yourself with us here,we all grieve differently so all we can do is share our feelings and offer support to each other.I lost my Charlie January 16 2019 so I am also new to this.How do we go on?For me it's one hour one day one task at a time.I know practical life must go on,the bills,laundry etc etc but I also know my grief is the largest part of me right now so I have to let it come.I plan time to sit and cry or scream or be angry or feel my guilt.I write letters to him in a journal and sometimes even text his phone but the biggest help has been everyone here because they all"get it"take your own time and do not let others tell you how to grieve or give you a timeline.This is your personal journey,but know that we are here for you and we understand the agony of this.I offer my love and support as another woman going through the worst thing that can happen to us.Please read what others here have to say,some will feel like you and others won't but you will know you are not alone.Hugs and love. Billie Rae

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Grieving.com mobile app

• Moderators

I know life feels it is over, and it's true that our life as we knew it is gone, but we are still alive, just very much in pain and missing the person we love...it took me years to build a life I could live, it's nothing like it was before, that is gone, but it's one I can do...until we meet again.  I want to add too that he is still very much a part of my life now, he lives uppermost in my thoughts, in my heart, and will forever be my soul mate.  I talk to him, I wish he could answer back, but someday he will be able to, someday he will be able to hold me again, I hang on for that someday.

• Members

@beaniele I am so sorry for  your loss of your beloved Roger.  I feel your pain, I lost my love almost 5 months ago.  I have found that I can share my feelings here and I also can share my memories of Kevin here. I want to keep those memories alive as we all do...I shared the good and the bad of what we went through and it helped me to know others understood and shared their own pain.  We are not alone here....we may be from all over the world, different life styles, or different situations but we share that common thread,  the loss of our loved one. And we all get it.......  Im glad you have your father and sister to live for.  Prayers for strength to go on each day,  and hope for little rays of sunshine to creep in as you make your way.  Love to all.  Jeanne

Archived