Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Today would have been my husbands birthday.

ModKatB

• Members

Today my wonderful husband Billy would have been 68 years old. I woke up and I did what I had done for the last 22 years. I told him Happy Birthday and that I loved him. He might not be here in the physical body but he is here in spirit. I won't say that I am not a bit sad but I have been able to remember him and smile at some of the crazy things he had done over the years on his birthday. He was in the hospital last year on his birthday recovering from surgery to remove the cancer and he only made it to Feb 9th before it took him from me. But for today I want to remember his smile and all the wonderful times we had together.

10367159_10204138902581968_2742268774545997326_n.jpg

• Members

Happy Birthday Billy!

3 hours ago, KatB said:

I won't say that I am not a bit sad but I have been able to remember him and smile at some of the crazy things he had done over the years on his birthday.

How lucky are we all to have met our loved ones.  Completely strangers one second then we find each other and love.

• Moderators

Kat,

I was out of town yesterday and didn't see this post as I'd been and gone before you posted, but I wish Billy a belated birthday!  We never cease to remember them on their special day and continue our wishes for them.  I hope you got through it okay, it's sure hard to do it without them here to celebrate with us!

• Members
6 hours ago, KayC said:

Kat,

I was out of town yesterday and didn't see this post as I'd been and gone before you posted, but I wish Billy a belated birthday!  We never cease to remember them on their special day and continue our wishes for them.  I hope you got through it okay, it's sure hard to do it without them here to celebrate with us!

Thanks Kay. I actually had a good day and my daughter and I went to Billy's favorite place for lunch. Sounds kind of silly I guess but it was like a Happy Birthday for him anyway.

Archived