Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Colleen58

• Members

Hello, today I just found this website. My 24 year old son David passed away on Jan 1st 2011. He was in a rehab at the time, the last time I saw him was the Wednesday before new years when I took him there. I talked to him on New years eve, he seemed to like the place, was a bit groggy from the medication but in general sounded good. I received the call that morning New Years Day that he was taken to the hospital, he was not responding. He was gone..and I did get to see him at the hospital, he looked so peaceful, I was then told that he passed in his sleep.

My son had a history of drug and alcohol issues and also he was anorexic and bulimic. He always was willing to go for treatment but no place was found to deal with his multiple issues. He was in and out of my house for the past six years, I drove him to Drs appts etc..he called me everyday, no matter what. Now its hard to face that he is actually really never recovering and never coming home again. I have a daughter as well who lives in North Carolina. The three of us were extremely close, and now its just so hard to deal with she is never getting her brother back, and me..never getting my son back ever again. I'm going to read over some of the posts. I do know I am not alone but you all will know exactly how I am feeling right now. So I am looking forward to being here and hoping I can gain some peace and maybe help someone else.

Colleen

• Members

Welcome Dear Colleen

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious son, David. You have found a wonderful connection to a group who truly understands your pain and have such compassion and love that they have carried me thru the darkest of times.

I lost my only son Stephen in a very similar manner. Stephen also went in his sleep(at home) and had just returned from his 3rd alcohol rehab. I will be forever grateful that I was staying in his home at the time. He too looked so peaceful and "happy".

Please do read and post when you are up to it. I would love to hear more of David and see his picture We have a wonderful Gallery section on the Board and many of us have set up albums It really helps

Please keep coming back. When you are reading in the Loss of Adult Child Board and would like to connect and share--- just go to the top of the last message and hit the "Add reply" button You will then post in that Section and not off in s seperate section,as you are now where few will see it. :rolleyes:

• Members

Colleen-I am so sorry for the loss of your David. My son Westley died in his sleep at a friend's house last January 13, he was 20 years old, 6 days shy of his 21st birthday. He had been drinking some and took prescription meds, which I don't think he'd done very often. He also had sleep apnea, and the combination resulted in his death. My best friend from high school's son was 19 and died in his sleep at a new year's party last year, 12 days before Westley. So I know your pain, and I'm so sorry. I have found so much support here and I know you will too. Please come back and tell us more about your David. It helps to know that you're not alone, that there are people who understand and have lived thorough the worst pain a parent could even imagine. Peace and hugs to you friend.

• Members

Colleen-I am so sorry for the loss of your David. My son Westley died in his sleep at a friend's house last January 13, he was 20 years old, 6 days shy of his 21st birthday. He had been drinking some and took prescription meds, which I don't think he'd done very often. He also had sleep apnea, and the combination resulted in his death. My best friend from high school's son was 19 and died in his sleep at a new year's party last year, 12 days before Westley. So I know your pain, and I'm so sorry. I have found so much support here and I know you will too. Please come back and tell us more about your David. It helps to know that you're not alone, that there are people who understand and have lived thorough the worst pain a parent could even imagine. Peace and hugs to you friend.

• Members

Colleen I am so sorry for your loss, my son just died on o1/15th/2011. He was at a party when a fight broke out and the police came and he ran. He thought he was safe hiding in a persons yard. He was wrong the man shot him in the head and he died. I am hurting for all the people who have lost a child. I never knew my heart could hurt this bad. I am happy I found this site I hope it helps you and me to. My son's name was shane he was 22 and to be a father soon.

• Members

Dear Sharon

I just read your response to David mom's, Colleen posting. I am so very sorry for the terrible loss of your beautiful son Shane. What a very sad series of events that led to this sad terrible tragedy I am glad you found our Indigo family. Please join us on the "Loss of Adult Child Board. When you go to that board and what to share in the conversation just go to the Top of the message Board and click on Add Reply

Please tell us more about Shane ,post a picture of him and let us know about what he loved and enjoyed

I lost my only son Stephen over 3 years ago and this wonderful group of very special compassionate people, who really get it. They have supported me in my darkest days.

It is a very special place and I welcome you as a new Indigo to our family.

• Members

to all these wonderful mothers..

there seems to be no end to the pain and sadness we all endure and share...i am so sorry for the losses we have suffered....i am so new to this pain and i don't know if i can help anyone right now, but i am thankful for new friends that might be able to talk me through the pain and maybe help find some sense of belonging to this hurtful world. i never will understand why the good kids have to leave us and the bad kids get to stay. sounds like we all have the good kids and we miss them terribly. my nathan had such a loving, caring, giving heart and why he left us like he did is still a mystery. guess i won't know until i see him again. i hope all of you can get through your day, and like i do, it's only moment by moment. i miss nathan every second of every day and every night. no sleep for the weary, and i still have trouble eating...i realize that's not good, but my body just won't let me do what is right for now. it will come some day...remember, you are in charge of your own grief, so do what you feel like you must do...it is your child and you can love him, miss him and remember him in whatever fashion satisfies your heart. a mother's love for her child, no matter the age, is just that, a mother's love...none can compare. ......diane

Archived