Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A walk in the park

John/Wendy

• Members

I went for a walk in the Park this morning.

I wore one of your jackets so I could feel your warmth and breathe in your sweet memory.

I walked past the swings where  we pushed our Grandson in Golden sunlight. 

I walked along the ponds where our daughters played and caught polywogs and turtles.

l walked through memories of days past when festivals played out for us in that park.

I walked the path where we held hands and dog leashes and pushed strollers.

I talked with you awhile as I strolled all alone. It felt almost as if you were still with me.

I looked at the sky and brushed away tears. I wanted you beside me so badly it hurt.

I walked through the trees that are bare for winters cold. I felt just as empty and dark.

I felt the suns warmth as a made a second pass. I almost took your coat off but couldn’t.

l heard your voice in my head whispering hope and love. And l could swear I felt your hand in mine for a second.

I believe I wasn’t walking alone today. I don’t think I’ll ever walk alone again. 

I think I’ll take a walk in the park tomorrow.

• Members
6 hours ago, John/Wendy said:

l walked through memories of days past when festivals played out for us in that park.

I lost my wife too, and we also liked to visit parks together.
I moved after she died so I only visit the parks again in Googl
e maps.

Sorry for your loss.  

• Moderators

Beautiful @John/Wendy, and I am glad you found your way over to the loss of a partner section of the forum.  There are a lot of compassionate people here who will understand your loss, listen, and empathize.  Wishing you all the peace and you can find,

Herc

Archived