Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost my daughter to leukemia

alchandler07

• Members

I am so glad that I found this website......I lost my beautiful 17-year-old daughter, Kayla, to complications from AML leukemia on September 22, 2010. She was diagnosed on July 3, 2010 and only survived 81 days from the day she was diagnosed until she died. I am devastated and overwhelmed with pain. I have 2 other younger children that are hurting, too. I have read some of the stories here and they are heartbreaking. I need to know that there are other parents out there that understand my pain. I would love to hear from anyone with helpful and encouraging words.......

• Members

Hello Kayla's Mom - I am so sorry to hear about your daughter Kayla. We unfortunately

have something in common. I lost my daughter Sarah, age 29, in August of 2010 from

leukemia also. Sarah had ALL. I so understand what you're going through. Why? Why

did they get leukemia, why couldn't they survive it? If you are able, please post about

your beautiful daughter. There are kind and loving people at this website, all of whom

have lost a child and who understand this awful journey. My prayers to you and your

family.

• Members

Dear Kayla's MOM

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious duagher, Kayla. It is great that you have found this forum and I know you will receive the comfort, understanding and love that you need to withstand this painful journey.

I do understand the heartbreak and the need to be heard and understood by others who are walking this road. I lost my only son Stephen, 3 years ago and this wonderful forun and compassionate people who post, helped to bring me back to sanity and a little peace.

Please tell us all about your daughter. When you are able post her picture and even make up a photo album in the gallery section. All this helps to feel part of and understood during painful time.

Many members go diretly to the Loss of Adult Child Section, read and post. Your message is separate and many will not see it.

I would like to suggest that you post to the:

Loss of an Adult Child board. Just click on that section and then click at the top Reply to post and type your heart. Many will respond and welcome you

Please keep coming back it does help

• Members

Kayla's Mom,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your daughter. You have definitely come to the right place. There are many people here who have suffered the loss of their precious children. They will be able to support and encourage you as you travel this difficult path.

We will be here for you,and we will be thinking about you.

ModKonnie

Archived