Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still missing my partner Chris

Randyinsc

• Members

My partner Chris I loved very much and I miss him greatly.. I lost him to cancer on July 20th 2009, which had spread all over his body rapidly. He was only 33 years old at the time.. I still love him and miss him every day. The pain is unbearable sometimes even after all this time. He was truly the love of my life..

post-296573-0-58881200-1295268169_thumb.

• Members

My partner Chris I loved very much and I miss him greatly.. I lost him to cancer on July 20th 2009, which had spread all over his body rapidly. He was only 33 years old at the time.. I still love him and miss him every day. The pain is unbearable sometimes even after all this time. He was truly the love of my life..

post-296573-0-58881200-1295268169_thumb.

Hi Randyinsc,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Chris. It is terribly hard to deal with losing someone, but to lose a loved one when he is young and in the prime of his life can be unbearable at times, can't it? How long were you together? I am glad you have joined our community. There are warm, loving members here who have suffered similar losses. They will be able to offer encouragement, support and advice for traveling this journey.

Do you have anyone to talk to about Chris? Family members, clergy, co-workers? Are you getting out at all, even if it is for a short while to the gym or library or somewhere to talk to people?

We are here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Randyinsc,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Chris. It is terribly hard to deal with losing someone, but to lose a loved one when he is young and in the prime of his life can be unbearable at times, can't it? How long were you together? I am glad you have joined our community. There are warm, loving members here who have suffered similar losses. They will be able to offer encouragement, support and advice for traveling this journey.

Do you have anyone to talk to about Chris? Family members, clergy, co-workers? Are you getting out at all, even if it is for a short while to the gym or library or somewhere to talk to people?

We are here for you,

ModKonnie

Thank you so much for the kind words. No I never had anyone to really talk to. I've kind of had to handle this all on my own. His family cut me off and my family does not really seem to undertsand.. I did not seek counseling, drink or take any drugs.. The only thing I did to handle my pain is eat like crazy from the stress of it all. One problem is I don't get out enough.. I live alone and that makes it tough..

• Members

Thank you so much for the kind words. No I never had anyone to really talk to. I've kind of had to handle this all on my own. His family cut me off and my family does not really seem to undertsand.. I did not seek counseling, drink or take any drugs.. The only thing I did to handle my pain is eat like crazy from the stress of it all. One problem is I don't get out enough.. I live alone and that makes it tough..

Hi Randy,

Is there any kind of bereavement support group in your area that you could meet with? What about a session of two or a therapist who could possibly give you some support resources?

Is it possible for you to join a gym? That way, you get out, meet people AND exercise your body as well? What about a coffee shop or library or church where you can strike up a conversation with people or wait for them to talk to you?

I realize it's difficult to get out by yourself, but it will be a step in the right direction for finding friends and inching forward. You probably feel more inclined to hibernate, but try to get out a little. Even if you walk around the grocery store and talk to the cashier, at least it's a start.

You've found a start here. We will be here for you. This is a great first step.

ModKonnie

Archived