Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

2nd holiday without mom

txmc277

• Members

I lost my mom on November 13, 2009. Her birthday was November 03, and she had just turned 49. My mom was my best friend... to a fault. I new more about her relationship with my dad than I should, and she new more about my life than most mom's would or should. I say to a fault because everyone around us could not believe how close we were. Not to say we didn't fight, we were mother and daughter we fought like the best of them. It worked for us. After I got older the fight didn't happen us much, but turned into discussions of how to make life better on both our parts.I have two kids that absolutely depended on her and loved her. My mom and kids were extremely close. That has proved to be difficult because my son recently went through a period of time where he cried every night because he really misses Grandma. She was my best friend and the one I depended on in the end.

I'm writing in the forum because I was not the only one that depended on her completely. There is also my dad, my brother, and my fiance. When my mom died unexpectedly from an brain anuerism it was a complete surpise to all of us. She died quickly. After she

• Members

I lost my mom on November 13, 2009. Her birthday was November 03, and she had just turned 49. My mom was my best friend... to a fault. I new more about her relationship with my dad than I should, and she new more about my life than most mom's would or should. I say to a fault because everyone around us could not believe how close we were. Not to say we didn't fight, we were mother and daughter we fought like the best of them. It worked for us. After I got older the fight didn't happen as much, but turned into discussions of how to make life better on both our parts. I have two kids that absolutely depended on her and loved her. My mom and kids were extremely close. That has proved to be difficult because my son recently went through a period of time where he cried every night because he really misses Grandma. She was my best friend and the one I depended on in the end.

I'm writing in the forum because I was not the only one that depended on her completely. There is also my dad, my brother, and my fiance. When my mom died unexpectedly from a brain anuerism it was a complete surpise to all of us. She died quickly. After she passed away it was up to me to take the lead with the family. This has made me delay a lot of my grieving. My brother and father have moved on and are doing well in life. This is great, but now I need the time to grieve that I didn't have before. I took on planning and paying for the funeral. My dad and brother continued to come to me for help with losing my mom. This is the first time that I haven't had to be leaned on. When I talk about my mom to other people they are confused because it has been a year. I am hoping I find a supportive group with everyone here.

Michelle

I am really sorry if I have several posts. My daughter's kitten walked all over the desk, keyboard, and mouse. Please forgive the cat....

• Members

Hi Michelle,

I went ahead and deleted all of the extra posts for you. I have several cats, and I certainly know how they will do anything to get attention...:)

I also want to welcome you to our community.I am very sorry your mother died so quickly and unexpectedly. A year is not a long time at all when dealing with the loss of your beloved mom. I am so glad you are here. You will find people who are experiencing similar situations as you and they hopefully be able to offer you encouragement, advice and support.

We look forward to getting to know you better,

ModKonnie

Archived