Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Today I cried a lot

Brazil Man

• Members

Today I cried a lot for being aware that she is already a memory from the past.
Looks like yesterday, she was happy by my side.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Brazil Man said:

Today I cried a lot for being aware that she is already a memory from the past.
Looks like yesterday, she was happy by my side.

I am sorry for  your loss and all the emotion that floods over while shedding those tears. I held my son last night while he cried for my husband who we lost in January. What I have learned through this journey is that the tears are a necessary part of our grieving. Now instead of feeling out of control during the tears I accept them as part of my process. I wish you strength on your journey.

• Members
30 minutes ago, LeannC45 said:

I am sorry for  your loss and all the emotion that floods over while shedding those tears. I held my son last night while he cried for my husband who we lost in January. What I have learned through this journey is that the tears are a necessary part of our grieving. Now instead of feeling out of control during the tears I accept them as part of my process. I wish you strength on your journey.

Thank you LeannC45.
Death is a difficult thing to accept and understand. With each passing day you see the thing from a different angle and experience different feelings.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Brazil Man said:

Thank you LeannC45.
Death is a difficult thing to accept and understand. With each passing day you see the thing from a different angle and experience different feelings.

Yes, so very true.

• Members
6 hours ago, Brazil Man said:

extremely Brazil Man. grief has been the most complex experience ever. :(  Difficult to accept and hard to understand.  Exhausting too!

• Members

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven
Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven
Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please, begging please
Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more tears in heaven
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven

Eric Patrick Clapton / Will Jennings

• Moderators

I believe they remember, they know us, they share our memories, heaven will be a continuation of our life together here.  There will be some changes, but we will know and remember what we were to each other and we will still feel as we did here, we will retain our personalities and spirit.

• Members
11 hours ago, KayC said:

I believe they remember, they know us, they share our memories, heaven will be a continuation of our life together here.

I have the notion that the concept of earthly time does not apply in in heaven. I believe that we are already there in a very real sense with our loved ones and they are holding us tightly in their arms, but that we have to live out our existence in this world before our awareness is allowed to catch up.

Sorry, it kind of makes my head spin, too, but I think that our dreams of our lost loves are more than dreams, that they are brief glimpses of the eternal.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Spengler said:

I have the notion that the concept of earthly time does not apply in in heaven.

I agree, Time will be no more, so they don't have the concept of waiting like we do, they are happy and free of angst, it's very different for us here.

12 hours ago, Spengler said:

I believe that we are already there in a very real sense with our loved ones and they are holding us tightly in their arms, but that we have to live out our existence in this world before our awareness is allowed to catch up.

Interesting concept, I've never heard of that before, sounds good though!

Archived