Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I miss my Mom & Dad

peach5261

• Members

I lost both my parents in 2008 I lost my Mom in September and my Dad in October, It's not supposed to happen that way but it did,

The heartache at times is unbearable, I really have no clue how I made it this far I miss them so much. My mother died from kidney failure

due to having Diabetes and my father died from Cancer. They had just celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary.

• Members

I lost both my parents in 2008 I lost my Mom in September and my Dad in October, It's not supposed to happen that way but it did,

The heartache at times is unbearable, I really have no clue how I made it this far I miss them so much. My mother died from kidney failure

due to having Diabetes and my father died from Cancer. They had just celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Hi Peach,

I am so very sorry that you lost both your mom and dad in such a short time frame. It must have been unthinkably tough on you. I've heard many stories about spouses passing shortly after one another after having been in a very loving long-term relationship. My neighbors as a child did that; he passed suddenly and a week after the funeral, she told her family she was going to go to sleep and join her husband, and she did.

I'm sure your pain has been unbearable at times. Do you have any support? Any siblings or aunts or uncles to help you through?

We are glad you have joined our warm community, although it's always a sad reason people are here. You will find many people who have experienced similar losses and will gladly share with you. We hope to get to know you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hello,Peach5261, it has been a little while since you posted your message, but I was scanning the site today because I am missing my parents, too. I have a similar situation to you in that my Mom (my best friend) passed away in October 2007 of cancer, followed by my Dad five months later in March 2008 (multiple causes, but sepsis, blood infection, being the main cause). They were married 56 years. My Mom was my Dad's caretaker, because he had many health problems. When she was suddently diagnosed with cancer in '07, our lives were devastated. My Dad pretty much gave up after losing my Mom; it was so sad. I am feeling what you are feeling and miss and think about them every day. I read so many books on the afterlife, etc. just looking for comfort, to know that they were ok, or still around me in some way, I think I kept Amazon in business....just wanted to let you know I saw your post and to hang in there......the rawness of the grief has gotten better, but I still feel very sad and lost.....I guess this means adjusting to a new way of life without them.

Take care of yourself.

Archived