Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

1 Year since Mama passed...

maallen01

• Members

Time sure does fly. The one year date is fast approaching and I find myself not being able to sleep again. The insomnia is back...the 8 long days in Critical Care is back, the feeling of losing her all over again is back. To be honest, it never left. I made myself believe that it was gone but my heart is still so broken. I miss my Mother and I dont know if I will ever be able to stop missing her so. I talk about her often to keep her memory alive. I'm so afraid of falling into a state of depression or have I already fallen. I dont know...I often try to remember the good times (so cliche) but it helps. I miss you more than words can say Mama and I will continue your legacy and keep your memory alive as long as I have breath in my body.

• Members

Time sure does fly. The one year date is fast approaching and I find myself not being able to sleep again. The insomnia is back...the 8 long days in Critical Care is back, the feeling of losing her all over again is back. To be honest, it never left. I made myself believe that it was gone but my heart is still so broken. I miss my Mother and I dont know if I will ever be able to stop missing her so. I talk about her often to keep her memory alive. I'm so afraid of falling into a state of depression or have I already fallen. I dont know...I often try to remember the good times (so cliche) but it helps. I miss you more than words can say Mama and I will continue your legacy and keep your memory alive as long as I have breath in my body.

Ms. Allen,

On the first anniversary of my father's death (He died in August 2009), I relived every single moment of his last week. This was our second Christmas without him, and it was a tough one for me. I really really miss him. That being said, I do remember the good times and even laugh at some of the crazy memories of him. I've been beyond blue about it, and I've been okay. You sound as though you are moving forward and attempting to adjust.

I know you will never ever forget your mother and her memory will always be with you. In many ways, she lives through you.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to talking with you more,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hello. I am new here. I hope I'm not being too forward in jumping in here. I just lost my mother and am going through the awful early stages of grief, but my other family members I have lost years ago and have eventually come to terms (somewhat) with their deaths. The first year was always the hardest. How I found comfort when an anniversary date was coming up was to tell myself that it is just a day.. It is not the actual day they died. It doesn't even fall on the same day of the week. The date holds no power over me other than to let me remember my loved one. Time moves on. That awful date when I lost them is in the past. I've lived through it and now time has moved on. This is a new day where I can just remember them, honor them and wish them well.

Another thing I found comfort in when I had a very sick loved one, like my Father who died in the hospital, is to tell myself that I can't ask for him to come back and live like that. He was sick, he was in pain. We can't wish for our loved ones to remain here like that for us. It is so much better for them to move on because they are in a much better place. We don't have to worry about them.......they are safe, well and happy. We must just take care of ourselves and who we have left and get ourselves through this.

I hope in some way this has helped. As I said, i've processed a lot from past losses of my family members. Now it's my Mom. Somehow there's something about losing your Mother.....

Archived