Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

9 Months In with Physical Symptoms

Glolilly

• Members

I tried to stay away awhile. Working and staying busy. I also felt too much attention towards my several grief forums was pulling me back somewhat reading the beginning of so many starting out in disbelief discussions. But now coming upon 9 months I've been hit with chest tightness, heartburn, increasing tiredness. I've been fighting it with antacids, going to bed earlier, with vitamin supplements and a little more exercise. I also now see my husband more in the terms of being deceased instead of being absent. Wow, I thought I was out of the woods. I left work early during an extra  evening meeting that pushed me into being at work a total of 10.5 hours and I left crying, with an headache and feeling dizzy. My blood pressure was high. I hope this gets better.

• Moderators

Glolilly,

It takes so long to process this, so very long!  Nothing wrong with being here, you don't need to come here every day if you feel it pulls you down, but maybe just drop in now and then?  Just a thought.  

Meanwhile...I thought this might be of interest to you:

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/physical-reactions-to-loss.html

• Members

Thanks, I hit about 6 symptoms. It's good to know what's wrong with me. If I can conquer the physical symptoms and occasional sadness, I will be alright. Like you I am very active in church and am drawn to helping others like seniors. I started as a teen working in a nursing home and soon found my calling in the nursing field. I am currently a high school nurse and have been an RN for 30+ years. But after 8 hours I'm ready to come home to rest. My sister is in town but busy with her adult children and chronically ill husband. My mom is 80 and fell recently so I am concerned about her lately. My mind is determined to be better and stronger each day with the help of God. Thanks for caring.

• Moderators

Glolilly,

I can relate...I no longer have my parents but my older sister fell and crushed her back vertebrae and three months later they operated on her.  She is having a terrible time recovering, and I worry she won't ever fully recover.  I understand your concerns about your mom!  Bless you for the job you do and for being such a caring person!

Archived