Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Firsts

taledo329

• Members

It has become a tradtion that I take my youngest brother Christmas shopping each year and yesterday was the day. He treated me to a nice lunch at Famous Daves and then we headed to Walmart.

My mother passed away on November 20, 2010 so yesterday was 3 weeks since her passing and Thanksgiving was hard with not having her there and I knew Christmas would be even harder but it did not hit me until I went down the aisle with gift sets in it. There was the Oil of Olay and Jean Nate sets that she would have liked and the lip balm one she would probably have gotten for me. I could not stop the tears so there I am in Walmart crying but I remembered why I was there and headed over to the toy department so we make this a nice Christmas for my nieces.

I have not had the desire to decorate but will be putting up the fiber optic tree mom purchased a few years ago since Brianna and Makayla will be coming over Christmas Eve. so Mom will be with us in spirit.

• Members

It has become a tradtion that I take my youngest brother Christmas shopping each year and yesterday was the day. He treated me to a nice lunch at Famous Daves and then we headed to Walmart.

My mother passed away on November 20, 2010 so yesterday was 3 weeks since her passing and Thanksgiving was hard with not having her there and I knew Christmas would be even harder but it did not hit me until I went down the aisle with gift sets in it. There was the Oil of Olay and Jean Nate sets that she would have liked and the lip balm one she would probably have gotten for me. I could not stop the tears so there I am in Walmart crying but I remembered why I was there and headed over to the toy department so we make this a nice Christmas for my nieces.

I have not had the desire to decorate but will be putting up the fiber optic tree mom purchased a few years ago since Brianna and Makayla will be coming over Christmas Eve. so Mom will be with us in spirit.

Oh I so feel for you.

Last holiday season was the first without my father. I felt like a zombie going through the motions because i was numb and sick and depressed all at the same time. I cried over everything. But you are doing the right thing, and your mother will always be there with you in spirit.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

ModKonnie

Archived