Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

alwaysbelieve

• Members
alwaysbelieve

Struggling to cope. Everyday.

My son was my world and I feel so guilty about that because I have 4 other kids. With Christmas coming, it's worse. I have no idea what to get any of them because I don't know them. I wrapped myself into my son and his medical issues.

Bottom line is: I'm a lousy mom who is stuck inside the middle of grief with no way out

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are not a lousy mom, you are grieving. Please come to Loss of Adult Child thread and hit "reply" button at top of page. There are many parents there who have lost their children recently and not so recently. My son Westley died in January of this year and this is my first Christmas without him. It is so very hard, as you well know. I think some people have their browser go directly to that page, so sometimes new people don't get an answer right away. I know that I have been here since June and it has helped me so much. I have made many new friends who are now part of my everyday life. Now I don't feel so alone, and it sounds like you feel very alone. Peace and hugs to you. I hope to see you post again soon if you are able.

• Members

Dear Newbie

You are not a lousy MOM You are a mom who lost the most precious gift you had in the world. A gift that you nursed and cared for and now is gone. You are lost and your world has turned up side down. Please be gentle with yourself. When you are able please post a picture of your child and tell us more about him. I am Betty I lost my son Stephen 3 years ago and this board saved my sanity and life

Please join us and share the painful journey. This is the way out!!

• Members

Struggling to cope. Everyday.

My son was my world and I feel so guilty about that because I have 4 other kids. With Christmas coming, it's worse. I have no idea what to get any of them because I don't know them. I wrapped myself into my son and his medical issues.

Bottom line is: I'm a lousy mom who is stuck inside the middle of grief with no way out

Alwaysbelieve,

You are not a lousy mom--you were a focused, caring mom for the one who had more problems than the others. There is nothing wrong with that.I always focus on the child that needs me the most; I think most mothers do that.

I am sorry about the loss of your precious child. Please come here as often as you want and tell us your story when you are ready. You will find much support and encouragement here.

ModKonnie

Archived