Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Memories

Just here

• Members

My daughter is starting her 1st day of 4th grade tomorrow ... These two were inseparable always playing, hugging each other, goofing off, and even though she’s my mini me cause we look alike she acted exactly like Ed! I just wish he could be here and it makes me sad that he not here to send he off, wish her luck, and watch her grow. God and he was the best at helping with homework (I’m so bad that alone makes me want to cry)! He had the best patients and way to explain things. Not only was he my Best Friend but he was hers too!  I hate that life still carries on and happens after you lose someone who was so close to you. I know with the holidays come up this is only the beginning of sad moments to come but I really hate making memories that he should be here and be in :sad:

• Members

That’s really hard!! How is she handling it?? My boyfriend had 2 boys I don’t see anymore at all and I think about them, wondered how there first day of school was!! I know how much pain I’m in, I often wonder how there doing! 

• Members

She seems to be ok. She has her moments when she will just start crying but for the most part she’s still a kid and doing better then I expected. It hasn’t been easy for either of us though.

• Moderators

You might ask their teachers if there is a study group or tutor available if they need help with their homework.  Both of my kids tutored others when they were in school, they did it for free.  

I know the real issue is he's not here, and that's hard, he should be here to see them off on their first day of school, it's not fair you're all going through this.  (((hugs)))

• Members

I know exactly what you mean. I hate that he is missing out on ALL these precious moments with our young children. I am so proud of my kids and how they are handling this.

My husband was my best friend and soulmate and my kids idol. It makes me so sad to see them having to grow up like this but on the other hand, I am so proud at how much they are there for me and the family, it shows that we are bringing up our kids the right way.... 

It's been 3 months and next week I will take them to see where he is going to be placed in the cemetery. 

Archived