Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Pursuing Peace in Life

DeSh02

• Members

Hello Everyone,

I have started a blog called Pursuing Peace in Life. This blog was created when after the death of my father in April 2017 and my grandmother in June 2017, two people that were pillars in my life. I have experienced serious grief and honestly didn't know how I was going to move forward with my life. I was on the phone with my dad when he suddenly passed away. He had a heart attack. I rushed to his home and found him lifeless on the couch. So, not only did I lose my father, but I also experienced trauma. My father was talking and then made a weird noise and then silence. I was so afraid and just rushed to his home. I'm so traumatized now that even when I don't hear someone on the phone as I'm talking to them, I am quick to say scream hello. My grandmother prepared me for her death about 8yrs ago and I knew she would be dying. She promised me she wouldn't leave this Earth until I got married. Well I got married in August 2016. So she kept her promise. I'm so thankful both of them were able to attend my wedding and participate. I had my grandmother say a prayer over us and we did communion with her. While we were in her room as she died, she spoke her last words and those last words were her saying my name twice out of all the family members that were there. I'm like okay, I was on the phone with my dad when he passed away and now my grandmother says my name as her last words. Through the journey of losing them, I was angry, hurt, confused, and I ultimately didn't want to live anymore. One day I woke up at around 4am and realized that I need to write out my feelings which is where Pursuing Peace in Life came about. It has been such a great healing tool for me. If you are interested, please check out www.pursuingpeaceinlife.com and subscribe. You will get to experience my daily thoughts on my journey. I just want to tell everyone out there that we all will get through this one day at a time and it's still okay to cry afterwards.

Archived