Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The smallest things are an adjustment

BetsyD

• Members

You know, I realized tonight that everything in my life is different now. Not that I didn't know it before, but from the obvious to the not so obvious just suddenly hit me. Of course, the being alone, cooking (or taking something out of the frozen food section) for one, talking more to the pets, not having Tom to talk to...that is all the obvious. But dumb things, like realizing I have half the trash that I used to, half the laundry...you know. But tonight when I was changing the sheets on the bed it suddenly hit me that I didn't have to make sure there was enough blanket on his side of the bed, just enough so it would tuck in. I always was so careful to be sure the sides were even. It is those little, not quite so obvious, things that I suspect I will notice more and more. God I miss him - wish he were here to steal the damned blanket.:sad:

• Members

I know what you mean I noticed the small things too. Ate at KFC today Ed’s favorite he would be so excited of KFC day like a kid going into an amusement park... Always would make me smile :biggrin:

or how no one is snoring or yelling cause I still all the covers lol. My house is a mess he worked nights so would always make sure everything was cleaned for me so I didn’t have to worry. Worry now I could care a less! My lawn needs mowed don’t care. It seriously takes everything for me to get out of bed and go to work. But yes I think we all realize the small things are an adjustment they make me smile for a brief second then I cry. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, BetsyD said:

God I miss him - wish he were here to steal the damned blanket.:sad:

Oh man, you've got that right!

And if George were here the yard would not be in the shape it's in.  After my fall a year ago I can no longer do yard work and the person I had doing it quit, the scrap man took the riding lawnmower and the push mower so I don't have anything to do it with even if I could get it going.  Need to find/hire yet another person.  We miss EVERYTHING about our husbands!

Archived