Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

About to go into College

Shadowkittylove

• Members
Shadowkittylove

He left last January a few months before he could see me graduate from high school. It still hirts thinking about him and how i will never het to hug him or hear his voice again. Its been a year and a half now. I feel like im stuck. I just wanted to make him proud. I have so many more life acheivements ahead of me and he wont be there to see me.

• Members
ashleybaraga

My dad actually in December of 2016, the semester before I graduated high school. I understand how you feel to the max. I would do anything to see him, hug him, or hear his voice again. I feel stuck too. I want to make my dad proud as well. It sucks a lot. I am so sorry you are going through this as well. You are making your father proud though! You are going to college!!!! That is such an achievement!!! We are all so proud of you for not giving up and quitting life. You are doing so good! He is so proud of you right now, he is smiling above you right now!

• Members

Dear Shadowkittylove,

I'm so sorry for your hurt and pain. It is hard to think our parents are no longer physically present in our lives. But please know they live on through us. Like Ashley said, you are making him proud!  I too wish my dad was here. I would give anything for that. In my own little way, I still try to include my dad in our daily lives. Just thinking of him or bringing him flowers to his gravesite. I know its not the same, but we have to try in our own ways to keep them with us in small ways.

Grief takes time. Please be kind and gentle with yourself. And know that we are all with you.

Thinking of you.

Archived