Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Time...

Joe doherty

• Members
Joe doherty

There's nothing I can do nothing I can say no Fable or rhyme can lift this heavy heart today not even time can ever gently ease it all away no where I can go to  The Wheel of Life for one no longer turns my beloved pet was euthanize today the memory of him lying on the floor lifeless Burns

20170706_195530.jpg

• Members
Jack Russell

I am so sorry for your loss.  Yes it hurts, grief is a terrible thing.  Take each day one day at a time.  I felt I had to respond concerning your comments "you could of done more."  We all feel the same.  No matter what we did even if we were the best in the world it wouldn't be enough.  Part of the grief is blaming ourselves about what we should of done, what we could of done.  I felt in losing my dog of 16 I didn't do enough, should of protected her.  But as KayC said in my particular story I expected someone else to look after her, and he didn't.  And because I put her somewhere for day care she ended her life in pain.  I still have daily crying episodes as I miss her so much and that was four weeks ago.  The pain is not so raw but it is there. You loved your dog and cared for him, we are not perfect.  My thoughts are with you.

• Moderators

I'm sorry yet another is going through this, the deepest pain we can have.  I'm sorry you're missing your beloved friend, they are the best.  My heart goes out to you.

The intensity of the pain diminishes in time but we carry the sadness of missing them forever in our hearts.  It doesn't seem possible we can adjust, yet to some extent we do in time, our body's natural built in protection that helps us through our grief.  I look forward to being with my pets again when my time comes.

The details may vary a bit from this but who knows, it may be something very akin to this.

Archived